• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Dilemma.....HELP!

Ok folks...my dilemma is, now that I have Leshiy 2 on preorder, which of my current AG’s do I sell if any? I’m not really disappointed in either of them just wondering if I really need $4,000 to $5,000 invested in 3 AG’s? Currently I have two great Eastern Block guns that I’ve had no issues with whatsoever: Taipan Veteran shorty (2 or 3 years old) in .22 and Vulcan Gen2 (4 or 5 years old) in .25. I Squirrel hunt with booth guns regularly in the woodlands of Alabama. Shot them both over the Prochrono today and they both have a standard deviation of 3 over 50 shots, which I am delighted with! So which do I sell? Or both? Or keep them?.......I don’t know!!!

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Ok folks...my dilemma is, now that I have Leshiy 2 on preorder, which of my current AG’s do I sell if any? I’m not really disappointed in either of them just wondering if I really need $4,000 to $5,000 invested in 3 AG’s? Currently I have two great Eastern Block guns that I’ve had no issues with whatsoever: Taipan Veteran shorty (2 or 3 years old) in .22 and Vulcan Gen2 (4 or 5 years old) in .25. I Squirrel hunt with booth guns regularly in the woodlands of Alabama. Shot them both over the Prochrono today and they both have a standard deviation of 3 over 50 shots, which I am delighted with! So which do I sell? Or both? Or keep them?.......I don’t know!!!

Beach-gunner

Dennis

https://youtu.be/p3YOZOJ5ebo

Question asked. Question answered.

You're welcome

Keep those you like to shoot.

Sell those you do not like to shoot.

Buy any rifle that you feel you would like to have for a rational. If it disssapoint you, sell it.

Before buying any rifle, think what is importat for you and try to find if you are going to receive such think with the buy. If not, just save the money for a better alternative.

You are going to live for a time. Think what would you like to have with you for that period. A rifle that you will enjoy or better to keep such money for anything else.

Easy.

To give is to receive,I know it happened to me,had to many guns,I better stop that story,I will tell you this,once you get it the flow of selling it gets easier and can be fun...the secret is to not think of what your losing ,but what your getting....I funny thing happened to me though,after getting rid go $6000 in guns I spend half of that on new guns...No problem I still had $3000....a win win...will I try to say a win win...

Too many people have too much because they think they have not enough.If a gun was a dog you wouldn't need so many....give your guns a lovening look,the ones that bark are the ones to keep!

If you keep them all, and buy more, let's say a whole wall full. When you go to the range in the sky, all those who said you were a crazy old coot, will see they were correct!😁

You will have had an enjoyable life and they'll be happy they were vendicated. What joy you can bring into the world.

Don't worry, they say I'm insane!

It's only money.

IMO, you already have the best in the Veteran. Although the short version is harder to shoot.

Thanks everyone for the input. Keeping them is where I was leaning and where my heart is...Keyman...very solid advise! It’s just that wifey is not so sure, looks like I’ll be making a trip to the Jewelry Store about August/September!! Elh0102...I do love the Veteran, in fact since I got it a couple years ago, the Vulcan has be placed on the back burner. Yesterday was the first time I spent any real time with the Vulcan and when I pulled it out of the case it still had 250 BAR on the gage after at least 10 to 12 months of storage! Shot 100 or so rounds threw her yesterday and fell back in love....its laser accurate with 25 gr. JSB and AA. First shot over chrono was 887...then right back to the tune 900fps, that gun has always amazed me! I can’t wait until the Winter portion of Squirrel season after all the foliage is gone cause the Vulcan can be a long range beast!!

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Keep them both . . . 3 rifles isn't very many compared to many of the collections here. I'm personally down to 3 rifles with the Leshiy 2 on order as well; I normally keep about 5-6 rifles in the safe at any time. Realistically, I can't/don't regularly shoot more than 2-3 of them at any given time but I do get bored fairly easily so it's nice to have a couple other "extras" to tinker with from time to time.

IDK. I'm a firm believer in not letting anything go if I don't have to do so, especially if she ticks a check box. But if I hadn't touched an AG in 10-12 months...well...that just wouldn't be like me. So there would have to be a reason it was sitting and therefore I would probably have already moved it along.

I have some I shoot more than others for sure. But not touched in 10 months? Heck, surely I'm not needing that one...or really even wanting it, unless there are specialty circumstances that only allow it to be shot under certain conditions I only see a few times per year.. As much as I wanted to keep my Synrod as my hallmark into the AG world, it was a redundant caliber and of poorer accuracy than the other .22's I had. There was space on the wall, but then there was that D430L that seemed like a steal. That got me wanting to try a HW77K, so then it just made sense to move the dead weight. No matter how much I wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons, it just didn't make sense.

But that's me. Maybe you're getting a .25 barrel on your L2 and that makes it a Vulcan replacement option. Or maybe since the Vulcan is your oldest you're most attached to it. Do what you're head and wallet necessitate.

I have two pellet guns - a muzzle brake and a side lever. Probably both spring operated. I have ordered a PCP, and am excited about it even though i anticipate the air tanks and issues that go with that. Would anyone still keep spring airguns once you have a PCP? and why?

Just curious as i havnt fired a PCP yet, but anticipate great accuracy and control over the energy.