• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Airgun Depot's Long Rangers

"ironlion269"@TylerART, superb shooting. That modded Condor seems to be a beast but then, I'm just a springer guy so the hot-shootin' PCPs all seem beastie to me. Still and all, great video of your shooting. Well done.
Thanks, I get lucky on camera. I have myself a springer also, if you can shoot a magnum springer well you will have no problem shooting anything. 

I'm out. I was dreaming up ideas to get me out to 300+ but I'd have to grab a 12 foot pole, stabilize it and aim at the top of it and wouldn't be able to see where I hit at max zoom. If I were to zoom out then the golf ball would be too small. Only thing that would work is adjustable rings or another 20MOA rail. Not worth it to me as I'd only use it once to complete this challenge. Then I'd want to return to my lower scope rings as I like to keep the scope as low to the bore as possible, which isn't easy to begin with on a bullpuppy.

Anyone else out there gonna try to knock Tom W. out of the lead? I asked him on Youtube if he posts in any AG forums and he does not. Regardless, congrats to him.

Reactions: Mick-VA
Mr. Bizill,

Hearty congratulations on your fantastic shot. I enjoyed watching the video, your determination, and your excitement! Being out in the desert like that sure must create some very unique challenges. Nothing to break up the winds, let alone the thermals. And that unbearable sun.

i was once at a conference in Phoenix area during August. I literally could not go outside except for five am before the sun came out and all the heat from the previous day had dissipated. Someone convinced me to take a two block walk for lunch one day. Made it fifty yards until a grackle fell from a palm tree and died on the scorching sidewalk. We did an about face and went back into AC hotel.

I've had this morbid fear since I was a kid of getting into a car accident and being ejected from my vehicle only to land unconscious and face down on the hot dark asphalt.

Speaking of which, STUPID dog owners here still walk their dogs in the middle of the day and even though the sidewalks are light colored, they're still blazing hot so not to mention the black asphalt. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

Yeah, you could see in my video when I zoomed in there are thermal mirages at play. It wasn't too bad though. You sweat, but become acclimated. If I had set this shoot up properly, I would have taken a pop-up tent. But I live in the most liberal county in AZ and you're always left guessing whether or not you're trespassing and my objective was to rush the video and get out.

That's why I always mention how lucky people are with land. After this competition, I'm screwed. Shooting in the backyard is pointless for me now and will find zero enjoyment. And it's a drive to get anywhere where nobody will be calling law enforcement on you if they see you toting around any gun, be it powder burner or air gun.

I did it. 2 shots for the 152 yard and 5 shots for the 175 yard golfball. Wish they sent me my free one i would have tried for 200.
f92fe93b5abedd468eca5565351d7505.jpg
ae8ca04dd1ba43d5baa062be0ae13367.jpg

Yeah crittahitta, you should've gone to kinko's, printed up a life-size posterboard of your boss and then hung the balls in the appropiate location and then taken the shot. You'd have the drive then to hit it in one shot.

Oh, the Mrs. busts your balls all day? My wife keeps mine in her purse. But I won't be strategically placing those on a poster and shooting at them. And no need to be shooting otherwise, I've already got 2 grown sons.

I think we're getting into "luck" territory at these ranges. You've gotta have some skill going on but as you mention Wyshadow, the wind will wreak havok. We're just lobbing Hail Mary's into the great beyond. Even my 38 shots at 2 fiddy was pathetic, I admit. 2 shots at 202, that's more like it. 

Now that 300 has been broken and this challenge seems to just be starting to pick up steam, I say someone will reach 4 hundo. And yes, probably a big bore within 10 shots would be something to behold.

i agree luck is becoming a big factor. i tried again at 230 , but the wind . damn the wind. thanks Bizill those 33.9 work well. constantly hitting all around that ball and a couple dozen really close misses. It's been fun but i am going to throw in the towel. great job to all, no matter the range. Great challenge looking forward to the next one.

(I did the 150 and 175 official video) Im going upstate this weekend and will try 200 and maybe some more if i can find a windless spot. I don't have anymore OFFICIAL golfballs but I'm gonna make some at home and try just for fun. So if I make a good shot don't yell at me, because I know it is not OFFICIAL. This is just for me. I can't take anymore yelling. lol But I reserve the right to brag a little. Just a little. Agreed???