• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce texan question

I have a question, i sighted the gun in at 50 yards hitting a very nice group with nielson slugs, took the gun hunting a nice 10 point came out at 55 yards, i put the crosshairs on the normal behind the shoulder lung shot and the bullet shot over the deers back almost 6-7 inches high from where i was aiming, i knew this because i seen the dust behind him. I reloaded and aimed at the bottom of his chest and nailed him. I thought something may have came loose or something went wrong so when i got home i shot 50 yards and it was dead on. My question is do i need to sight the gun in from a tree stand or something because it hits fine from ground but high from my tree stand thats probably 30 feet high

Tempo47 just gave us the perfect example of why bow hunters and other shooters of fairly slow projectiles need to calculate the horizontal distance to the target and hold under/over based on the horizontal distance when shooting at steep up or down angles. Sounds like the gun is working just fine. Just google "horizontal distance to target".
grungy

Reactions: d3vnull
Hi Tempo47. If you don't already have a rangefinder and are planning to get one, I think the Bushnell Prime 1800 rangefinder is a really good one for $250. Like many other rangefinders, it shows you the horizontal distance to the target and the angle of incline/decline and the true line-of-sight distance to the target. The Prime 1800 is less expensive than a lot of others and the red/black illuminated display is outstanding in my opinion. In fact, google "bushnell prime 1800" and the advertisement page will show an illustration of a bow hunter up in a tree stand shooting down at a deer and showing the distances I'm talking about.
grungy