• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirForce TalonSS, Stock .22 - Pellets or Slugs?

If you are going for ultimate accuracy I suggest the pellet but if your going to slugs to get a harder hitting hunting ammo there is no need for a new barrel. I shoot 49g NSA slugs in my 25 cal condor and it's fine. I don't think a stock talon has enough power to justify a slug but with condor parts in it you can really beef up the power. 

The chassis - not sure that is the case.

The body of the gun is irrelevant for AF in the utility line - talon, condor, escape, Al basically the same with some shroud differences. I can swap my barrels, hammer, tanks between my talon p, condor, and talonss frames.

Power comes from the valve, hammer, and spring for a particular barrel length.

One way to get more power is to add a heavy hammer and stiffer spring, and then fill to a higher (safe) pressure.

The Talon uses a lower flow valve as well so you could get a high flow valve from AF or somewhere else (the condor and talon P come with the high flow valve)

I went all out and got custom valves and hammers and am getting 130-175 fpe out of my converted AF guns.