• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirArms ProSport Custom Stock

Here’s my initial feedback on a CS700 Skeleton Custom Stock for the AirArms ProSport .177
Initially, my ProSport had a nice beach stock and a Rowan Blade Trigger. I found it nice and accurate however I did have a tendency to over-grip the pistol-grip with my right hand, (probably to make up for the additional weight of the stock). I ordered a CS700 Skeleton stock in American walnut, with rosewood capped pistol grip and adjustable butt pad. It came via FedEx and was very well packaged.
I did read reviews which stated that the internals can be a bit rough and so was prepared for that with some wet&dry and linseed oil, which I did have to use to smooth the inner down in places. The outer was finished well and had a nice grain running through it. It also was a nice snug fit to the ProSport workings and no extra (longer) screws were needed.
Handling & Shooting. Wow!! What a difference!! The stock width is slightly narrower and the ergonomic grip is fantastic either with the thumb through the pistol grip or up the right hand side). I can fully recommend this stock to others.

373329a36969a88443cf59594ee2c85b.jpg

BEFORE: With original Stock

cfb80cb7a008666909248a8931ef8e4f.jpg

AFTER: with new stock

a539b5299521a251ac95fa07a81bd681.jpg
dfe08314c110de9075d02ba31f28650f.jpg

OLD / NEW Stock comparisons

5a8efac2992b585810b3c347b7a2757f.jpg

Top View. Notice how the AirArms stock has a better overall finish. The new (lower stock) still needs some more sanding to smooth it all out.

Hi it was real easy to deal with them. Even when their web site doesn’t deal with New Zealand, they were more than happy to help when contacted directly. I can fully recommend them and they have quite a selection of stocks. The only thing I would add is to buy some wet&dry and linseed oil to smooth out some of the inner cuts where the metalwork goes. Let me know what you finally get

Here’s my initial feedback on a CS700 Skeleton Custom Stock for the AirArms ProSport .177
Initially, my ProSport had a nice beach stock and a Rowan Blade Trigger. I found it nice and accurate however I did have a tendency to over-grip the pistol-grip with my right hand, (probably to make up for the additional weight of the stock). I ordered a CS700 Skeleton stock in American walnut, with rosewood capped pistol grip and adjustable butt pad. It came via FedEx and was very well packaged.
I did read reviews which stated that the internals can be a bit rough and so was prepared for that with some wet&dry and linseed oil, which I did have to use to smooth the inner down in places. The outer was finished well and had a nice grain running through it. It also was a nice snug fit to the ProSport workings and no extra (longer) screws were needed.
Handling & Shooting. Wow!! What a difference!! The stock width is slightly narrower and the ergonomic grip is fantastic either with the thumb through the pistol grip or up the right hand side). I can fully recommend this stock to others.

View attachment 12033
BEFORE: With original Stock

View attachment 12039
AFTER: with new stock

Top View. Notice how the AirArms stock has a better overall finish. The new (lower stock) still needs some more sanding to smooth it all out.
Hi GriffyGriff, very late to this party. Curious how much, if any, weight you saved with the skeleton stock vs the original ProSport stock? I have a new HW97KT, which is pretty heavy with its two barrels and massive receiver. Thinking a skeleton stock might work better for it but many on this forum say to stay away from skeletons due to reliability issues (I guess they break more easily, although not sure how unless you're in the habit of dropping your gun onto hard surfaces). Looks fantastic on your ProSport! Really like the rich, dark color too.