• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS Airacuda Bore Quality

I purchased an Airacuda Std. in .25 caliber a few weeks back. The rifle tunes easily and groups 1-2 MOA out to 50yds. While that's pretty good accuracy I am hoping to coax a little more from it.

I started to wonder about how the bore might look from a $320 pcp??? Last night I put a borescope down the Airacuda's bore to have a look. I was not really expecting a very good looking bore, but I was pleasantly surprised! The bore itself had no obvious flaws of any kind. No gouges, chatter marks, or anything to upset the passage of the pellet. The crown was uniform and showed no burrs at all.

The transfer port(s) were flawless showing perfect machining and no hint of a burr.

The only negative to the bore is that it is not polished (when compared to an LW bore). However, if you have the ability, you could lap the bore and from my experienced opinion, would gain a bit of accuracy.

Of course, the bore scope does not tell anything about the concentricity and dimensional consistency of the bore. But hey, if the rifle 'shoots', who really cares???

If you are on the fence about whether the quality of the Airacuda rifles are worth their price, I would say you will be happy with what you get for your dollar spent.

Reactions: 17dean and Chris_K
Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed report. That’s good to hear. I haven’t had my hands on one of the Airacudas but if your experience is representative of the barrel workmanship Xisico is providing on this line, it’s a welcome improvement relative to others I’ve seen in years past. Maybe JTS has been doing their due diligence and holding them to a higher quality standard. If so, they’ve succeeded where Diana failed with SPA.