• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air tank valve replacement help

Recently I tried to change the gauge on my Air Venturi Jubilee Valve and unfortunately stripped the threads on both the gauge and valve.

How difficult is it to replace the valve on the tank? Can I do it myself,or should I find a professional?

Are any special tools required( i.e. torque wrench, etc.)? How tight should it be put on?

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

I used a strap wrench and vise to replace mine. Use soft jaws in the vise to hold the original valve and the strap wrench on the bottle to unscrew it. You can google strap wrench if you don't know what a strap wrench is. Be careful not to scratch the bottle on the vise as you unscrew the bottle. You don't need to use the strap wrench to put the new valve in. 

2fast2furious

I agree it shouldn't require a strap wrench and vise (after venting all air out of the bottle), but I just replaced the valve in my 4 year old Air Venturi 90ci bottle and the valve/bottle was so tight that I had to use the method I described. Only hand tighten the new valve when I reassembled.

Like they said...HAND TIGHTEN ONLY. I would purchase 1 or 2 extra o-rings that go between the valve & the bottle