• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air rifle Vs Polycarbonate Backstop Anyone?

Hi Guys

So I wanted to know has anyone tried 1/4 inch polycarbonate as a backstop versus your air rifles? They seem to work with pellet guns but I wanted to know if anyone tried it with our more powerful air rifles? 
I’ve a .25 Fx Wildcat 

Theres a YouTube video of a guy using them in a high school shooting range against pellet guns and puts carpet as the facing and it just makes the pellet drop down once it hits the polycarbonate 

https://youtu.be/Xo2Fx_tQFvM

RUBBER MULCH, put in a box about 12" deep X width (depends on your aiming abilities) available at most hardware stores/ Big Box Stores approx $8 cubic ft. It's self-sealing (kinda) because it's not solid. you'll never punch a hole through it due to hitting the same spot, even with a PB. They're Quiet too.

Using them is a GREEN thing too, excellent use of old tires (recycling) you can even get them in green, if that's your thing. I prefer the large chunks (don't know why, other than I do). I couldn't be happier with mine. Save yourself a trip and get two bags. 

DISCLAIMER make sure your chosen containment vessel (box) provides sufficient depth to stop projectile used. Put a board or something behind it until its demonstrated it has sufficient depth to stop the projectile. 

The depth needed is dependant on what your shooting into it.

were on the downhill side of this COVID 19. . don't let your guard down yet, 42,604 deaths in the USA ... This virus is deadly !! 

Be kind & Be safe

1587468028_8967490435e9ed6fc02d836.79158566.JPG
I have been using this thing for over 4 years and have left it outside in the rain etc. I shoot it with everything from a 22 springer to my .30 cal FX Boss and Impact .25 as close as 25 yards.. No sign of wear except the paint chipped off not even rust.