• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air lost after filling gun.

I have noticed some so called micro-bore hoses lately that looked like they were just high pressure hoses with shrink wrap around the stainless outer cover. So it's hard to say what you have these days. If you truly have micro-bore hose then as stated above you will save only a tiny bit of air. If you have one of the faux micro-bore hoses you would save several times that. Still not a huge amount though.

No. Because these micro bore hose have a very tiny hole the air passes through. It wouldn't save you any air switching from 40 on to 20 in.

Put a dead-head in the end of your fitting. Open valve, close valve and then bleed. Do this with the 20in hose and count the # of times it take to get the tank down a couple hundred pounds. Now fill the tank back up and do the same with the 40in hose. How much do you want to bet it takes TWICE the number of bleeds to get to the same pressure? If it does then that means the 40in hose wastes TWICE the amount of air.

I have a 45 minute SCBA tank with a 40 inch microbore hose. Once the guns tank is filled and the SCBA valve is closed and the valve to take the air pressure out of the micro hose is opened there is a lot of wasted air. If I had a 20 inch microbore hose instead, would there be much savings of air, allowing me more fills from the SCBA air tank?

Possibly the problem-are you opening the bleed valve quickly enough and widely enough? If you slowly crack the bleed valve open, sometimes the check valve in the gun will not fully close and air will be lost.