• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

air Force air guns

They have a following but a lot of people prefer some of the other more refined options. You lose a large chunk of the potential audience by making a gun single shot if it's not a target gun. 

Their appearance then loses another chunk of the audience as they are definately on of those "love or hate em" designs. 

A lot of the discussion here is focused on new guns, the latest innovations and design ideas etc. Airfoce does bring out new models but for the most part they all look and function the same. 

All that aside, I see them mentioned more than most guns because whenever somebody starts a thread asking for advice on choosing a new bullpup, or for preferences between two unrelated guns, there is usually someone who seemed to not read the question who uses the opportunity to state the 50 yards group sizes of their Condor. I've never been able to determine if it's the same Airforce fan on every thread or a bunch of different ones.

"Should I buy a Hatsan AT44 or a Marauder"
"My condor gets 1/2" groups at 50 yards all day long"

"I'm looking for a new bullpup"
"My Condor gets 1/2" groups at 50 yards all day long"

Reactions: GeronimoKY
.Zebra

I am the newbie to air gunning so any thing I say isn't coming from long time experience. You make some valid points about the Air Force guns. But do they really matter???

As for the single shot hunting, I think it makes you shoot better. Plus how many times do you get a chance to shoot more than one shot?? (Unless you can't shoot to start with) 

I want an Air Gun that looks like an Air Gun. I don't want someone shooting or reporting me because they think I am a danger. Look at the kid that was shot by a cop because his BB gun looked real. I am very much against toy guns that look real. OK Adult Toy Guns. They are our big boy toys. 

I have 22 Lr and I have a 7 mm Magnum. I also have a 6 pound CO2 pellet gun and a Condor. Each has there place or use. I don't shoot Mountain goats with a CO2 pellet gun and I don't shoot squirrels with a 7 mm Magnum. I bought my Condor used and it is 16 years old. Yes I made a few simple up grades like adding a pressure gauge etc that didn't come on the earlier condors. BUT “My Condor gets 1/2″ groups at 50 yards all day long” BTW It chronographs at 1100 FPS with 22 gr copper coated pellets.

As for Bull Pups, I have a center fire bull pup and I prefer it to the Longer guns like the Condor. They are easier to carry and swing fast. They are also easier to hold on target for long periods of time with out tiring. A suppressor on the end of a 24 inch Condor is front end heavy. I use shooting sticks for that reason. But I have the Condor's Big Brother, a 45 cal Texan on my wish list. If I am going to spend the high dollars for a pellet gun, I want more than 12 FPE. Air Force offers that extra power many of the other manufacture don't. And they offer it in an accurate rifle.