• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

air Force air guns

I don't think too many people have them on this site.
I have a .25 SS that I, to quote a guy on this forum, "modded within an inch of its life."
Power and accuracy were phenomenal out the box, so I did a bunch of external dressing up. I don't mind single loading since I generally pull this gun out when I wanna leisurely pop spinners at 70yrds or the occasional vermin that sticks its head through the tree line (same distance).

I have an older TalonSS in .22 cal and it is very accurate and puts out about 20 to 24 fpe. I also have a Condor in .22 cal. that I would like to change the barrel to .25 cal. to take advantage of the power this rifle can put out. It also is very accurate but very long with the additional moderator installed. The AirForce rifles are very simple to work on and maintain but I think a little overprice for being a single shot rifle. That is the main drawback to me in that they are single shot. If you are a hunter like me I prefer a rifle with a magazine. Bill

I bought my first PCP, a .22 Talon SS, on the spot at the 2002 SHOT Show and have been hooked since. It has served me well over the years stock and in its current form with a number of mods. It still holds a special place in my heart... There are plenty of Airforce owners around these parts, and a lot of us/them frequent TAG and YF.

I have a Talon and a Condor. Both are great field guns. I just got the Condor so at the moment, the Talon is the tack driver of the two. I have tuned back the Condor by adding an adjustable top hat from Airguns Of Texas, really nice guy to deal with. I also got an R&L Shroud for the Condor. When my Condor SS came out of the box, it sounded like a high powered rifle. Loud crack that was anything but back yard friendly. Now I'm using the medium orifice in the top hat and CPHPs, driving tacks here and there. 

I have two Marauders and I'll take the AF guns any day. I'm selling off the 22 Mrod. Good gun but I much prefer the AF guns. 

Jamie

Yo

At a local gun show I recently purchased a used 22 cal Condor 1 which is my first PCP. I believe it was made about a 2000. It has a 8 x 32 x 56 sidewinder scope. I haven't had a chance to give it a good work out yet. But It chronographs at 1150 FPS with 15.3 Gr pellets. 32 Gr pellets are 950 fps. My back yard is small so My target range is only 12 yards. At that distances I am holding one hole groups from a bench rest. 

Right now I am still learning and I would like to do some hunting with it. One thing I like about the Condor, I can buy a 25 cal barrel for $ 175 and change it out in a few minutes. For now I want to perfect the 22 before moving on to a 25 cal. BTW I made a few up grades like gauges on both air tanks and a suppressor.

The Condor is not a Back yard friendly gun. The original Condors were not suppressed. I added a after market suppressor which helps. But the 50 some FPE power of the Condor doesn't belong in a residential neighborhood IMHO. Instead I use my CO2 rat catcher for shooting Geckos. 

I have had some in the past and sold them. It really is hard to describe the condors vs other guns. Condors are so unique. I think at some point everybody owns a air force air gun. They are hold sensitive and use alot of air compared to other guns. Single pellet feed is ok but air gunning now is moving so fast that the condors are looking a bit dated. If you look at the new FX impacts and Daystate pulsars there are some serious work being done to those guns to do what they do. You can get 180 shots out of a .25 cal Pulsar on low power @26 fpe. That is just incredible. Condors are like a survival gun they work and everything is pretty simple, that is something to like. Hence i bet most guys have them siting in some corner of their house LOL. 

That said I want to build a .257 Condor for super long range, what is holding me back is the costs of customizing everything. Custom work on condors gets pricey and once u hit that price range why not buy something off the shelf that is almost guaranteed to work. FX impact won the AOA extreme bench rest, i think only 1 condor placed in that contest. Dont get me wrong i like the condors and always seem to go back to them for their part swapping. The basic barrels are cheap and other parts, but once u go off from the basics things can add up. The custom .257 condor I am looking to build is about $1500 new, OUCH ! hmmm do i want one now LOL !!!!

Jay

"jimmymc2900"I have a Talon ss in 22, Love that gun. They are great guns. Have a good following. Accurate to a fault. Nothing to dislike. They just are and do without much fanfair. But when I really want to show someone interested in getting started in airguns. I get out my Talon, and my Crosman 2400kt, and show them just what an airgun will do.

As a newbie I ended up building a RAT CATCHER (2400KT) from a 2240. I just kept adding parts including the 2250 tube and fore arm. Yes I could have purchased a new PCP for what I ended up paying for all the parts. But the end results made me the Great White Gecko Hunter of my back yard. I not only shoot geckos, I just shoot their tail off.

I still have not had a chance to really give my 22 Condor with the 24 inch barrel a good work out But what shooting I have done uses a lot of Air. Because I live in a 1/4 acre Lot neighborhood I see my Condor the same way I see a 308 deer rifle. It is a great hunting gun at over 50 FPE. But it isn't your every day plinking gun that you shoot several hundred round a day at the range. I miss living in the country where I could shoot higher powered guns on my own property.