• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms TX200 Review (video)

"Deja"Made me want to buy a stoeger over the tx200 :\
Yeah, I thought the HW would easily and clearly outshoot the Stoeger. But since I was not shooting from a bench, the biggest factor at that short range (14 yds.) was probably ME.

The Stoeger X20 is just a Chinese gun with better than average quality. The stock trigger was so bad, it was almost unshootable. The aftermarket trigger is almost a requirement to get this accuracy out of it.

I would like to say that at longer ranges, the better accuracy of the HW30s would catch up, but at longer ranges, the HW30s is running out of steam, and the Stoeger is still quite strong at 40 yds. I don't think I've ever shot under an inch at 40 yards with it though. So any accuracy advantage the HW30s has would be lost to wind and the pellet de-stabilizing.

But what I can tell you is that the HW30s is just a much nicer shooting experience. The feel of it is great; it is well-finished. Cocking is smooth and light. It has enough power for pest birds out to maybe 30 yards and for any kind of plinking. You couldn't hear it too well, but the Stoeger honks during cocking. Reminds me of a goose cooing softly to its mate. 

It makes me really want an HW50s. Can I keep all the nice features of the 30, while getting just a bit more power?

If you're interested in it, PM me, and I'll make you a fair deal. I need to move it out to make room for the next mid-low-powered German gun. ;)