• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms S500 XS Xtra FAC, Regulated, Walnut

I have what is essentially the same gun, the s510 xs extra FAC, Regulated, Laminate in .25. I was the lucky bum who won in the giveaway last spring. Anyway, I haven't chronied it yet, but will try to ASAP. In the meantime, I can say that it's wonderfully accurate and a pleasure to own and shoot. Due to my location, I keep the power down to levels 2 and 3 (five being the highest), and it's a tack driver in both. My unregulated .22 AA s510 is the same. I don't have a lot of experience with other brands, so I can't offer comparisons. But my Prosport and the 2 S510s have made me a huge fan of Air Arms. Wonderful designs, easy to work on, and problem free, at least for me. 

As for weight, the laminate s510 xs with the q-tec suppressor attached is on the heavy side, no question. I haven't weighed it, but it's clearly heavier than my s510 carbine in walnut, though they're the same length. The s510 xs w/o the suppressors have a longer shroud and air tube, the latter of which adds only slightly to the weight.

I have the gun in a laminated .22 that has been fired very little, due to my getting into this hobby in a big way with several new guns to play with. I also had a problem when setting up the scope on it, as on my last shot of the day, all the air blew out the barrel from the bottle. It wouldn't recharge, and after talking to Air Ventura, I sent it in to them under the warranty. It came back with the message that it was a fluke problem with a seal and that I shouldn't be concerned with it happening again in the future.

That said, I got the scope zeroed, and it's a very good shooting gun with a nice trigger. It was my best shooter until I just got a new Taipan Veteran in .25, which is even better. I haven't had any additional problems with the gun (fingers crossed) and it is one of the nicest looking guns out there, IMO. Very quiet in .22, moderator works great for backyard shooting.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

The only reason I'm looking into this rifle, is that I can buy an ultimate sporter walnut stock so I can shoot FT with it. The stock comes with a utility rail that you can add a hamster.

Please let me know what you guys think. 

Biagio

I believe it's a good choice for FT. Lotsa Brits use them.