• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

air arms Pro Sport

The pro sport dose have a bear trap and it works great. Steve!
When I first got mine, it was hot and I was rather sweaty. I turned it over and started cocking with my right hand, left wrapped around forearm. Right hand slipped and that lever flew back and hit the tip of my thumb. Nothing like the bear trap on my tx200 or Diana 54.

In general there is no advantage except perceived cocking comfort. However, some people claim that the side lever rifles cant/lean to the right due to the weigh imbalance. I don’t think in practice this is an issue but people have their preferences and rationalizations…

-Marty
There is aesthetics. some people just prefer the look. There would be less muzzle weight as well?

Reactions: MartyMcFly
I have an Air arms tx200 that I just love. I am however very inclined towards the underlever guns that have the lever hidden under and in the stock as opposed to under the barrel. I have three BSA Airsporters and really like that setup.

Is The Pro Sport worth the money it costs, or should I be happy with my TX200? Having the airgun disease, I'm always wanting the next thing. Has anyone found a cure for that yet?
I personally believe it’s a strain called under lever fever 🥵. Biggest symptom is you can’t stop looking at springers. I don’t believe there is any cure. There are lots of different PCP vaccinations that can take the edge off, but ultimately until you scratch that itch you will continue to suffer. I also was infected earlier this year at a FT event. I was sighting my gun in minding my own business looking forward to having a great day when this dude came over not wearing any type of mask, coughing his sickness all over me telling to go head and try shooting his springer and BAAM! I tested positive!
My first gun was the TX 200 after meeting with sqwirlfugger57 and trying out a few of his many rifles and getting some knowlede. My second rifle was the Pro Sport and I can honestly say I have been pretty good since then. I’m still looking at springers but not itching. There will be more, I just have to pace myself! 😁

_com.apple.Pasteboard.4XPSLL.png
_com.apple.Pasteboard.la1O63.png

Last edited:
There is aesthetics. some people just prefer the look. There would be less muzzle weight as well?
True and if we compare the Pro Sport to the TX200 the ProSport, in my humble opinion, is better balanced, but then again there are those that will say the TX200 has less muzzle flip… and still others that say that the under-lever produces more vibration. We can go in circles, it’s best to love them all for their virtues and their faults 😁

-Marty

Any advantage of an under lever vs side lever? I really like my Diana 48 side lever.
In theory the only real advantage goes to the side lever because it can be cocked without ever removing from the bag. Someone mentioned before about them being front heavy and I do think that about my Model 52. Shoots very well though, on par with my HW97K long barrel.

In theory the only real advantage goes to the side lever because it can be cocked without ever removing from the bag. Someone mentioned before about them being front heavy and I do think that about my Model 52. Shoots very well though, on par with my HW97K long barrel.
I have a Diana airking pro and cannot cock it on a bag. I find I need to place the buttstock on my leg or stomach to hold it steady enough to muscle the lever back.

I have a Diana airking pro and cannot cock it on a bag. I find I need to place the buttstock on my leg or stomach to hold it steady enough to muscle the lever back.
Same with my 48 and 56. Gun comes up, stock goes in my lap/barrel skyward, cock the gun.
Hence, the “in theory” part LOL. I can do it, but it’s not like it’s going to stay in the same place on the bag, so why bother? Heckuva lot easier to load sitting in my lap as well.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
How did you attach a suppressor on the ProSport? Is it a slip on?

-Marty
Yes, it's a custom made suppressor by Neil Clague, which slips on and then tightens with grub screws. He has you measure with a micrometer the shroud and then fits it. It's perfect. I put tiny rubber plugs--cut from a stopper--between the grub screws and the shroud so as not to mar it. Reduces the report considerably and makes it very backyard friendly. Only thing missing is a walnut stock.

Pro Sport.jpg

Ok. I am putting my pennies into a jar to go towards the Prosport. man, my line of jars is getting long!!

I have a Dina 54 and I've shot 52s and I certainly couldn't cock one of those without tipping it up.
You are absolutely right. Those are gorgeous man
Thank you! I'm very fond of them/ I have a third that isn't a Stutzen but it's not nearly so pretty, but does shoot better.

I saw that too. Luckily for me its a beech stock. The Pro Sport is one on those guns that just has to be a walnut
Ahmen on that. I bought a TX200 early last summer and really lucked out on the wood, walnut with a lot of burl in the buttstock. A few months later got the ProSport, very nice more flowing striped walnut. I was hoping for something close to that on the TX, but really that one was a once in a lifetime lucky buy. I even bought a Tyrolean stock for my HW77 from Customstock and paid for extra pick on wood, and got nice but again nothing like the TX

Reactions: Sqwirl57