• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms HFT 500 Trigger Adjustment Question

Hello fellow air rifle enthusiasts,

I am currently in the market for a dedicated HFT air rifle, and I have been considering purchasing the Air Arms HFT 500. However, I have recently heard a concern regarding the trigger pull.

Specifically, someone mentioned that moving the trigger back can result in a stiffer and less predictable pull. As someone with short, fat fingers, I would need to adjust the trigger position back to ensure proper comfort and accuracy.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or insight from fellow HFT 500 owners who have experienced a similar issue, or anyone who has knowledge about the trigger mechanism in this air rifle. I want to make an informed decision before making a purchase, and any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I will offer an observation, just from looking at a drawing of this trigger. I have no experience with it, so take it as speculation, but from a decent mechanical and gun background. The trigger blade appears to adjust front and back on a trigger bar. The bar appears to rotate on a pin at the front. So, moving the blade location back should increase the leverage applied, although maybe not enough to be noticed. But, the idea that moving it back would make it "stiffer" seems to me, counter intuitive. Depending on clearance, I suppose it's possible that it could be moved back to a point of interference, which could cause problems. Just a thought. You might be able to communicate with someone at AA for a response.