• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT Vixen VS Brocock Ranger XR or other recommendations

I am relatively new to the PCP game, but am looking to step up my game from the MROD Field and Target for pest control and backyard target shooting. I am interested in opinions or recommendations on the AGT Vixen VS Brocock Ranger XR especially if you have first hand experience with both of these. Criteria are most importantly that it must quite for backyard use so interested in how these compare to the MROD, compact, rails for tripod, minimal adjustment required to shoot, side lever, low maintenance and .22. I have not totally ruled out the bullpup, but it is not my first choice. Do these fit my requirements or is there another option I am missing? I am currently filling with a hand pump and that has not been an issue with the MROD, but do realize that I may need to upgrade for a large high pressure cylinder. 

I believe the Vixen is a bottle gun and the Ranger XR a tube gun. I'm partial to the Brocock because my Compatto and Bantam HR have been awesome. Thousands of pellets, no hiccups, easy 3/4" groups at 40 yards, much smaller if I apply myself. You could probably pump up the Ranger, the Vixen? You'll need a SCBA tank.

I am pumping my Marauder and I don't think it is bad at all so I imaging the Ranger will be a piece of cake. I think my mind would be made up if the Ranger had a slight larger cylinder and higher shot count. Maybe the Concept XR is what I am looking for. 

I vote for the XR. It’s lighter in weight, MUCH higher shot count and reliable as a rock. AGT makes solid guns but they are much heavier, if that is a factor? AGT typically has very good triggers. The XR trigger is OK for hunting but takes some adjusting to get it really light for BR shooting.

XR has a nice power adjuster which is a plus.

Are we talking about the same guns? The AGT Vixen is lighter and and has a higher shot count from the specs I am seeing.

I have a Concept XR in .25.it is built like a tank,it is so military looking.

You better be a right hand shooter if you get one,I am not.

It is a good shooter and not that hard to hand pump...shot count....it has a power adjuster,I am thinking close to 30 shots ,but I did not have a full fill in it......I think I would rather have it.

I t is compact, the stock can be pushed in or pulled out,,,,,not that heavy ,not light, it is rather robust, great "truck gun".

@Texasred I have had a Compatto XR Sniper which has the huma regulator in 177. Sold it, but it is a solid gun. Also, I did use a pump for the first couple of months my Brocock, not difficult, but like any pump you feel it. My only real complaint about the Compatto was its trigger, compared to my Taipan it is like throwing a brick. From what I have heard, if you are a trigger snob, then go with the Vixen, but due to air cylinder size would be harder with a pump than a Compatto. However, one nice thing about the Brococks is you do have on the fly power adjustment.

I vote for the XR. It’s lighter in weight, MUCH higher shot count and reliable as a rock. AGT makes solid guns but they are much heavier, if that is a factor? AGT typically has very good triggers. The XR trigger is OK for hunting but takes some adjusting to get it really light for BR shooting.

XR has a nice power adjuster which is a plus.

Are we talking about the same guns? The AGT Vixen is lighter and and has a higher shot count from the specs I am seeing.

OO00ps, my bad. I was talking about my Sniper XR.

i like the RANGER ,but check the shot count i believe its 20 per fill. look at AA ANDYS reviews on the VIXEN

Closer to 30 is what I am seeing. Andy seems to be give it high praises or were you pointing out the two flyers.

you are correct 30 it is ,just double checked the video from the AOA girls

Of course that is just one example. I called AOA today and they said something about 15 shots so who knows. I think I can live with 30, but 15 is a whole other story.

Anyone have real world experience with the shot count on a Ranger 22 straight out of the box?