• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Terminator (Select Fire PCP) Coming Soon

I've been saying this a long time and often get "the sky is falling" responses. We are eating our own with these videos.

The concept of the gun is interesting and one might be fun but I agree with your overall point of view. I do, however, feel that this view cannot be easily separated from the big bore/high energy progression. Both could cause problems and neither may ever cause any issues. Being aware of how others view such things is good.

I normally don’t chime in on these kinds of posts with guns like this. Who am I to say what someone else should to buy or how it will effect our sport. That’s how gun regulations usually start. Someone else telling us what we should need or don’t need. We’ve seen it before... “Why would anybody need an AR15?” It is cool to see what’s possible and might be fun to shoot. However, what is it good for besides showing your buddies your new gun? A full auto .357 just sounds like a gimmick and a lot of money in lead! 

Stoti

"Be careful what You wish for...you just might get it."

Seriously, like I've said in the past, if I Ever have the desire to shoot a full-auto airgun...my Umarex MP40 bb gun is All I Need.

In my humble opinion,a powerful full-auto pellet rifle is a Very squeaky wheel just Beggin' for a Big-O glob of grease.

Mike.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Does the average person live in the 1800's, on a rural farm with 100+ acres where they shoot powder burners and not get unwanted attention...theres not a single place in my city, county, or state that I would want to shoot that rifle except at a gun range....

I loathe anyone who supports or even finds these type of pcp's appealing, intriguing, or fascinating...I pity them for their ignorance as well.

-Matt

Reactions: UCChris
Hey guys, I understand your concern about the feds...in the end though, it’s just an Airgun. You have about 20 shots in a gun battle and then your done....a firearm can go indefinately as long as you have ammo. An Airgun is maybe good for 3-4 minutes. In a gun battle, an Airgun is useless.

That is why the feds don’t worry about air guns. I think our sport is safe. I think the authorities realize airgunners are not a threat to safety. People who spend $1500-$2000 on a single rifle are not the kind of people who commit crimes. Am I right?

<snip>

People who spend $1500-$2000 on a single rifle are not the kind of people who commit crimes. Am I right?

I love semi and full auto airguns, I've had several of them in the past and I have one being shipped as we speak. I've got two 9mm powder burner subguns as well. Real steel full auto is so price prohibitive ($25k for an M16, $40k for an MP5) that these airguns are laughable in comparison. That sure as hell doesn't stop the feds from regulating the poop out of NFA firearms.

I'm not sure where I was going with this, other than I'm more worried about the banger with a .38 than the guy with $30,000 sunk into his baby. I know who's more likely to fire it, let alone kill me with it.

Oh, and 'Merica!!!

Hey guys, I understand your concern about the feds...in the end though, it’s just an Airgun. You have about 20 shots in a gun battle and then your done....a firearm can go indefinately as long as you have ammo. An Airgun is maybe good for 3-4 minutes. In a gun battle, an Airgun is useless.

That is why the feds don’t worry about air guns. I think our sport is safe. I think the authorities realize airgunners are not a threat to safety. People who spend $1500-$2000 on a single rifle are not the kind of people who commit crimes. Am I right?

Would you bet on this? Any full-auto with this power will get noticed by the nutjobs. So far our sport has been left alone but stuff like this could well change that. Its a gimmick with no real purpose.

I remember going to the county fair and a shooting booth had full auto bb guns that looked and felt like a Thompson sub machine gun. You had to shoot out a little star to win the prize. Next to it was a booth that had 22 rifles that shot bb caps and had rotating ducks and all kinds of stuff to knock down. No one ever thought of turning a gun on a crowd. I had a history teacher that was into full auto Thompson sub machine guns. She would bring videos to school of her and her family shooting them. You could get military ball ammo for almost nothing.

how times have changed 

A full auto PCP will get tons of unwanted distorted attention directed at any PCP, because in the eyes of the average dummy, 'they all look alike to me,' Especially the media folks. Fully auto PCPs will be used in felonious ways by low-lifes. They aren't 'firearms' so they can have silencers/moderators. How about a fully auto .25 PCP in your face with a silencer on it. Figure how many rounds are fired in the average bank robbery. Rarely a full magazine from an AR-15. So 30 or 40 rounds from a PCP is darned dangerous And will that fully auto put our exemption on silencers in jeopardy?

How about you can own and purchase a fully auto PCP as long as you go through the identical process one has to go through to shoot a fully auto firearm.

Hey guys. I was trying to think of a practical purpose for full auto (I'm trying to plan an LCS Arms SK-19 video). Your right, there is no practical purpose for it. You can't make an ethical and humane kill with a full auto. A well placed single shot is the name of the game for Airgun hunting....so I'm starting to agree on the uselessness of full auto.

Real steel full auto is so price prohibitive ($25k for an M16, $40k for an MP5)

Yeah, I was aware an M16 is $25k. I was going to spend $25 on one some day but now I'd rather have a Porsche (if I were to spend $25K on something, which I don't have anyway). The thing is full auto powder burners only go up in value. ...same with my Evanix select fire PCP rifles!! Hooray! 

Does the average person live in the 1800's, on a rural farm with 100+ acres where they shoot powder burners and not get unwanted attention...theres not a single place in my city, county, or state that I would want to shoot that rifle except at a gun range....

I loathe anyone who supports or even finds these type of pcp's appealing, intriguing, or fascinating...I pity them for their ignorance as well.

-Matt

-Matt

Everyone has a right to an opinion. Using the terms "loathe" and "ignorance" is not justified in this conversation, IMO.

Reactions: AirGunShooter