• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice on PCP rifle appreciated

New to this forum but long time target rifle enthusiast. I had a Drozd Blackbird HPA gun which was fun but moved on to a NFA SMG so that itch is covered. Now I am looking for a reasonably accurate PCP rifle (I still have the scuba tank and adapter). I really don't want put $1000+ into a used rifle (FX wildcat) but I do want a 50 yard rifle with a decent 1 inch or less MOA. Suggestion or anyone with a gun they want to sell. I am in the market. Thanks

The marauder is definitely a good choice.

But I would recommend the Gamo Coyote as well. I have one in .177 that shoots 1" MOA 50 yard groups. In .177 I also get about 50-60 good shots before I need to refill because of Gamo's "Self-Regulating Valve". The trigger on it is only decent though, not nearly as good as the marauder's.

Everyone has a Marauder, the Coyote is something different :)

BSA R-10 MK2 is probably one of the best guns for the money. You said your price point was around $1000 and shockingly you can get one for much less than that on Amazon right now. It'll come standard with a regulator, gorgeous stock, shrouded barrel, sling studs and BSA's famously accurate barrel as well as a fully adjustable trigger. There are ton's of reviews of them on youtube. I have one that I'll likely never part with simply because there is not a single thing I don't like about it and most importantly it is in the top 3 most accurate guns I've owned straight out of the box. I have a Neil Clague LDC on the way for mine as we speak.

All the best,
Cliff

Most per-charged rifles have fairly easy adjustments to regulate speed, if not a failry simple hammer (striker ) spring and or transfer port change gets you the fps you want.
Any clubs near you? Are you on ( have you looked at ) the members map?
Esp. with neighbors a .177 is all you would want, easily capable of shooting 50 yards.
If you consider buying used - from a know airgunner- you will come out ahead. Most people want the "latest greatest" but truth is all the top shelf older models shoot as well, sometimes better. An original Daystate Huntsman would be great, an original Falcon is outstanding, on and on. If you want an actual ( inside) 1/2" at 50 yards and you could go up in price $500.00 you are in the market of several ( used ) AZ tuned compitions rifles.

gotta go
John 

Yes like spysir said it should be adjustable and you can always use heavier pellets to slow it down. You usually can't trust the speed rating that the manufacturer publishes. They like to exaggerate to make it sound more impressive to newbies. They quite often test with very light pellets that most people never use for normal shooting to get the extra high numbers. If you can afford it I doubt you can find a better rifle for the money. The R10 is very highly regarded in the airgun world. Lots of mods that can be done to them as well. 

when I first got back into airguns a couple of years ago I was much in the same position as you. I decided on getting a mrod in .177 then another in .25 because I had saved up more than I needed and I figured if I get bored I wouldn't have a big investment. well I have quite a few now, but the one I favor is the bsa r10 mk2 in .177, I favor it so much I brought another in .22 and will but another in .22 and convert it to .25. does that mean it's the most accurate or more accurate than my other rifles? no, they are all accurate, my .22 airwolf is no more accurate than my new .22 R10, my airwolf cost twice as much, am I disappointed? no, I paid for the technology, quality, and engineering that went into it.
regardless if what you buy, it's accuracy will be determined by you, what ammo you use and how consistant you are. money doesn't determine how accurate it is, just quality and that's debatable sometimes. buy what's within your budget and have fun.

If you're looking for a target pcp for under a $1000 in .177 I'd snatch that BSA R-10 up on Amazon. Their sales can be fickle and change at the drop of a hat and that is an incredible price. I've been through dozens of pcp's over the past few years and can't imagine anyone will have a better suggestion for the money. That is a rediculous price for amount of gun you are getting. Additionally it is very back yard friendly.

Regards,
Cliff

Hey thanks for all of the replies. I have the BSA R10 in my shopping cart on Amazon. Just waiting to meet a friend with his newly purchased FX Wildcat and see if I want to take the plunge into the PCP world. As usual with my new hobbies I will go full in if I get started, CF tank, chrono, backyard backstop, bench, and I'm sure many more must haves as I progress.

Looks like fun though!

I would encourage you to,purchase a second generation Marauder in 25. In terms of accuracy out to 100 yards it is tough to beat. It's only real minus is the limited shot capacity. I obtain 16 shots within a less than ten fps ES. At 50 yards I obtain consistent one hole 8 shot groups which measure ca 1/2 inch CTC. I have several high end air rifles and appreciate their fine triggers and greater shot capacity but the 25 Marauder provides the biggest bang for the buck.