• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice needed on the best pellet for my air rifle application

Hello, I am new to airgunning, and bought a rifle to shoot sparrows at my purple martin colony. I am shooting at about 25 - 30 yards max. I only need to shoot sparrows, nothing larger. I have an RWS 34 Diana .177 rifle, with a Hawke Vantage 3-9 x 40 AO mil dot IR scope. 

Sparrows are a small target , at least for myself with limited rifle experience. Please advise on what you think the best and most accurate pellet would be for this particular setup and application.

thank you very much,

Peter

You might consider letting us know the cal. of the gun??? Im with spysir, you are going to have to put forth a bit of effort and find the most accurate pellet for your particular air gun. Like Smokey Bear sez, "Only you" can determine the best pellet. Start with quality. JSB, H&N, etc. With a moderately powerful springer like the 34 start with standard weight pellets like 14.3 gr. in .22 cal. Shooting sparrows at 40 yards with a springer is going to require a lot of practice.