• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

advice for a new pcp

my shop was broke into a week and a half ago. my armada, trail np2 stealth, 760 rifled barrel were stolen along with nearly all my tools and 5 custom knives.

after this bulls^*t happening, I dont want to invest the $1000+ into airguns again, but I do need a pest/varmint rig. I'm trying to stay at $275-300 or less, so far I'm interested in:

diana bandit .22

diana stormrider gen2 .22

hatsan flash Qe .25

umarex gauntlet .25

sentry gen2 .25

used m-rod/p-rod .22/.25

I have no experience with any of these rifles. do any of them have any hefty pros or cons over the others?

(bad seal designs, crappy mags, crappy triggers, loose or gritty actions)

I've even thought about moving to a compound crossbow for pests/varmints.

Sorry to hear that got you jacked. Hope those that did it get theirs in the end. I have the gauntlet in 25 and it's a good start. I did modify mine though. I did the trigger, the action, added a 400 cc bottle, checked the crown, and upped the reg pressure. After some work it's definitely a tight shooter. Sub moa at 100 with the jsb and a stunner at 150 with slugs. If you don't mind a little tinkering I would go with the gauntlet. I got it to 930 fps with pellets and 850 with slugs.

ive heard breifly about the stormrider recall.

I still have a handpump.

I'd like something semi compact. I rolled around the idea of getting a bandit and using an AR stock/grip/lower to make an sbr style setup.

wish there was a bullpup in my price range, thought about doing my own, but what action would be the best?

waiting to hear back from the insurance company. already got wifi nv/ms cameras put up over the whole property, the little douche canoes came back a week later, caught them on camera trying to get into my attached garage.

buds gun shop has the nova freedom (aspen with open sights instead of scope) for 324 https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/712015728

not super compact, but more compact than carrying a pump with you if you need a refill for pesting.

accuracy is very good. it is the same gun as the nova liberty but with a built in pump. the nova liberty has gotten great reviews as a regulated entry level PCP https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/american-tactical-nova-liberty-pcp-air-rifle-review-22-caliber/ i would take a look at that if you don't want the bulky built in pump

I have a bandit. The safety physically blocks the trigger from coming back and doing its job. If you shorten trigger pull, the safety is negated. Mine has a hair trigger. Operator is the best safety. 😁

That said, the stormrider is just a longer version, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for a cheap pcp. My bandit is very accurate, and not picky on ammo. Also easy to fill with a hand pump.

1569178945_12943003565d87c541941ff7.08403304_PSX_20190922_150155.jpg
This one is a 17 cal. regulated, and internals have been changed to smaller dimensions. (more air capacity) 50 shot count at 630fps. I like it so much, I've got a 25 cal pp800 on the way 👍

I really have to recommend the MRod to anyone looking for an entry level PCP. It's pretty good out of the box. On top of that, it can be tuned very precisely and much more easily than almost anything else in that price range. Further, you can always add aftermarket parts (i.e. a regulator) if you want more out of it. I use a tricked out Mrod as my go-to FT rifle and I'm very happy with it.