• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Additional benefits of using wet silicone lube; some food for thought...

We all use the Lead Dust Collector Moderator for their health benefits, be it lead dust containment or to prevent hearing damage. Likewise, people lube pellets and slugs for various reasons, be it accuracy or ease of cleaning. However, there's an added benefit to using a wet silicone oil lube on your pellets or slugs with the LDC M. It helps to contain the dust that much more from entering the air you breathe while shooting because it isn't expelled as dry and powdery and will settle that much more quickly too. While it may seem to make more of a contained "mess" inside of the LDC M, it still cleans up the same during regular maintenance.

I use Super Lube Silicone Oil, which is 100 cSt weight, food grade, clean and environmentally friendly, versus any silicone oil that contains propellants or mixed with other oils. I apply a few drops of oil on the foam in a pellet tin and simply transfer what pellets or slugs I'm going to be shooting to that lubed foam tin to load and shoot from. I roll them around on the foam to evenly coat them lightly before loading and simply wipe off what residual oil is on my finger tips or the magazine.

The added benefit to shooting them wet is the barrel is usually more consistent and definitely easier to clean.

The downside of using them wet is the need to keep dirt and dust off the projectile and the parts where it could cause damage. Because of this I don't load wet magazines while hunting.