• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Acecare tank and valve question.

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
Yesterday I was going to fill the acecare carbon bottle and I had to assemble the valve without any instructions. The valve I have circled indeed looks like other pics I've seen but not like mt scba tank vale regulator. It almost seems like it's too restricted and won't allow the compressor to fill it any faster than slow. I even tried filling it with another scba tank and it just seemed to sit there without taking much air. When I decided to take the valve out, what air was in there took 25 minutes to escape even though there wasn't any air reading on the tank valve pressure gauge or on the filling bottle gauge. Like it took barely any air at all. Does anyone know if this valve is specific for SCUBA or something and restricted more than normal? My scba vale lets air out and fills much faster with it's valve being much larger.

IMG_2736.JPG

Did you fully open the valve? The valve on my Acecare tank requires two or three full rotations to open fully. A partial rotation of the handle (on mine) will crack the valve open ever so slightly and will restrict the flow of air for a slow fill. I like that it works in this fashion for better control of the airflow.
Yes it's wide open. It's working now. My pipe cutter fixed the issue. I took the valve on the scott off and looked through it (valve) and could see it was a unrestricted hole, so I did the same to this one and it's filling now more quickly. I have to say. I've had quite a few buddy bottles from Acecare but this 9L is made very well as the small ones are.

Reactions: RIshooter
Yes it's wide open. It's working now. My pipe cutter fixed the issue. I took the valve on the scott off and looked through it (valve) and could see it was a unrestricted hole, so I did the same to this one and it's filling now more quickly. I have to say. I've had quite a few buddy bottles from Acecare but this 9L is made very well as the small ones are.
How are you filling that 9L?

Reactions: MACTEN
I have a 9L Acecare too, but mine has the protective rubber foot and cap on it, along with protective tank mesh in the middle. The mesh is light at probably only a few ounces, but the caps are heavy for what they are. All in, filled, and with a Saber Tactical valve and adapter mine weighs is in at just over 20 pounds.

I doubt the protective caps double the weight . . . was the 10 pounds an empty "naked" weight? The compressed air is heavy as is - if I recall correctly, it weighed close to 6 pounds more when fully filled.

Reactions: MACTEN
I have a 9L Acecare too, but mine has the protective rubber foot and cap on it, along with protective tank mesh in the middle. The mesh is light at probably only a few ounces, but the caps are heavy for what they are. All in, filled, and with a Saber Tactical valve and adapter mine weighs is in at just over 20 pounds.

I doubt the protective caps double the weight . . . was the 10 pounds an empty "naked" weight? The compressed air is heavy as is - if I recall correctly, it weighed close to 6 pounds more when fully filled.
It doesn't weigh much to me so to find out I looked up the spec from acecare and got 4.9 kg =10.8 lbs.