Accuracy issues, Benjamin Trail NP

"Windmill01"Rich I'm no t expert but I have had several issues with my two NPs. By what you are saying I'm thinking it's your scope. I've had a UTG in the past that initially zeroed in well but poi changed and moved after twenty or so shots. What I did was moved the turrets back and forth several times, a lot really and that fixed the probl. Good luck. 
Gary
I will try winding the turret back and forth. That is probably a good idea to follow with any new scope. Thanks. 

"Windmill01"One more thing let the barrel lead up a bit, I've found out in the past that when accuracy started to wander I'd clean the barrel but it wouldn't shoot accurately again until after ten or so pellets. I know this doesn't make sense but both my Trails have this trait. 
I've done a lot of experimentation on this and here is what I have found. If you clean your barrel throughly with a brush and solvent, then you are exactly correct. You will have to put some rounds through it to "season it' with lead before your groups get tight again. However, this is not what I was doing. I have found that you can get some lead fouling after as few as a half dozen rounds and pulling a dry bore snake through the barrel will remove the fouling. You can sometimes see it in the barrel when you have a flier. Keep in mind that the dry bore snake will just remove any debris in the rifling. It will not remove the lead coating. It is also very fast to do.

This fouling sometimes caused my groups (at 15 yards) to open from 1/4" to 1.5". It can also cause a ocasional flier at 3 or 4 inches. That is when I know for sure to pull the bore snake through it. Try it. When I'm zeroing the rifle and want my tightest groups (in the same hole), I will pull the bore snake every 3 shots.

I believe I RESOLVED my accuracy issue. It was not the scope. Chuckhunter was on the right track. It was not my pivot washers and I had no side to side movement. However, I did have up/down movement. This was caused by the barrel pivot bolt being loose and had not noticed it. I tightened everything on the gun EXCEPT the pivot bolt. Duh! I tightened the pivot bolt and I'm back to 1/4" groups at 15 yards. Yeah!!!

I plan to replace the plastic washers with brass ones once I figure out where to get some precision ones. I don't want to make my own because the ones at Lowes and Home Depot are soft metal. CharlieDaTuna used to sell CNC washers from a harder alloy, but sadly he has passed and will be sorely missed. If anyone has found precision, high grade brass pivot washers for the Benjamin Trail NP, please let me know.

Rich