• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

About an exchange between bobcat and cricket

Hi.
I have Cricket which is .22 caliber. Today someone offered me about changing our guns.
He has a Fx Bobcat MkII by the fallowing details: regulated , .22 caliber , in a good condition.
I have to say that I like Bobcat because it's some how nice. And that made me eager to search about it.
I would like to know how good is it. I know there is would be a lot of disagreement about which one is the best , so I thought asking this question maybe the best solution.
1_ Which one has the better accuracy?
2_ Which one is easier to assembly and disassembly?
3_ Which one needs more service?
4_ I heard Fx barrel brake down after a while. Is it true? (after 2000 to 3000 shot)
5_ Which one would you prefer to have?
Thanks a lot.
Arash.

I cannot comment directly on the Bobcat. However I do own an FX400 and a Cricket in 22. Both guns are very accurate. I have not experienced any issues with the FX Smooth Twist barrel. The trigger on my FX400 is better than the Cricket but that may be due to the lack of a long link between trigger and sear which is present in the bullpups with mechanical triggers. 
I have not disassembled either gun thus cannot provide any information on that issue. Neither one of my guns has required servicing. I have had them both for ca. 4 years.
in terms of preference that is a very individual choice and the guns ergonomics will probably be the deciding factor. I doubt there would be a significant difference with respect to accuracy and reliability. 

Reactions: Arash