• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Struckat

Jun 23, 2022
Illinois
I love my springers but have been wanting a pcp since I bought them 2 years ago.
So here is my AA S500 I found in the classifieds archive.

So far I have shot 3 strings, one each with the power adjuster @100%, 80% and 60% with AA 16gr domes.

First of all, hand pumping is a drag. Maybe more so for me as I don’t have much lead in my pencil.

The results I think are pretty good. The usable range appears be 200B down to 150B.
I get a few more shots at 60% than 100%, but when you get past 150BAR it starts dropping pretty quick.

At 100% the 16gr are smokin around 950fps/32fpe. 60% runs in the 780s/20fpe.

My China device records mps, so my fps numbers are not exact, but certainly directional. Seems to be 25-30 consistent shots with a few more when running 60%.

I am only shooting at 10m in the basement, so no longer range testing so far. I have Donny adaptor inbound so I can put a mod on it. Not that it’s real loud, but it must be quiet for me to venture outdoors.

With no hammer spring adjustment, I am sure it is wasting some air. Once I start tinkering with it, I will experiment with different springs at the lower power settings.

For now I will shoot it some more, and dream of a compressor.

DCBB51F0-3BFE-400F-A03E-5F5C7AB79178.jpeg

Reactions: BSJ and Sc0-
Thanks Jking, I read every thread I could find and the 18 come up every time. The 16 were what I had on hand. Over time I will try many different pellets. Turning the power down will let me shoot some of the stuff I have on hand now.

I do plan on some 18s and others in that range the next time I order pellets. I need to wait for the all watching eye to lose track of me for a while before I spend more.

Thanks Jking, I read every thread I could find and the 18 come up every time. The 16 were what I had on hand. Over time I will try many different pellets. Turning the power down will let me shoot some of the stuff I have on hand now.

I do plan on some 18s and others in that range the next time I order pellets. I need to wait for the all watching eye to lose track of me for a while before I spend more.