• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Thing of Beauty

AJ3

Apr 24, 2015
My latest addition to the stable...Daystate AirWolf 22 with Hugget moderator and MTC Viper Connect Scope. Haven't shot it yet as just got the scope mounted which not sure if I am going to like or not due to the almost zero eye relief. Daystate surely makes a quality and impressive looking air rifle...will have to see if it shoots as good as it looks! Did dry fire a couple times in the basement and the wife said she didn't hear it...just a whoosh of air to me, pretty quiet.

That is a damn fine looking rifle you have there congratulations!. I had AOA install a carbon fiber bottle on my Air Wolf Tactical and wish I had done it sooner. Love it.

Your stock is sublime. My god I have never been a wood stock person but lately, I have been really impressed with the wood being supplied on the latest DayState rifles. I almost had a mid life crisis when I saw the stock on an Air Wolf Extreme which had a gorgeous walnut stock in a low sheen open pore finish which gave it a modern yet refined look. In any event, yours is certainly a keeper.

Enjoy.

PS - If you were wondering which pellets shoot best in the .22 Air Wolf, try shooting the JSB 15.89 gr on Power 2 and the JSB 18.1 gr on Hi Power. That combo works best for mine.

PSS - I had the same Viper Connect SL mounted on my Mk 4 Target and it worked just fine. The Air Wolf has a bit more kick than the Mk4 but not enough that to be worried about. It's mostly a muzzle flip rather than recoil impulse.

Thank you everyone for the kind words especially travels4fun for the pellet tips...I will definitely try those combinations. This is one of the few places to share your new rIfle and have it appreciated...none of my local friends could care if I told them a got a new air rifle and they would have me committed knowing the cost.
The high power setting is supposed to shoot 37 fpe and low at 30 fpe...only has 2 settings. 30cal you may be right about the scope being too far back. I had a really difficult time setting it up as the brow of your eye rests right on the rubber eye cup and the location in the picture is where it felt comfortable to me but I am sure I will screw with it endlessly. The scope was a package deal with the rifle and due to the low eye relief, it does have a very wide field of view even at 12x it is 17' or twice normal 12x of 8'. We will see if it stays or gets replaced by a Hawke.

AJ3,

Beautiful rifle! That scope though never appealed to me because of the short eye relief and how it's mounted to the gun, but that's just my opinion. Wolverine was my first choice ,but I couldnt quite afford the price vs the Bobcat and I wasn't sure how smooth the bolt was compared to a side lever style.

I'm no stranger to firearms ,but when I bought my first pcp I instantly fell in love. When I show my buddies an air rifle they don't show much interest because they compare it to their old BB gun everyone had as a kid. I can go on and on about how much more practical a good air rifle is compared to a .223 or .308 rifle around the area I live ,but they just won't understand. Anyways congrats on your new BB gun ;-)

Wow AJ3 that is some fine lookin' wood and you have me very interested in that MTC Viper Connect. I have the MTC Mamba Lite 4-16X44 and really like it.
It's a vicious circle, I either buy a scope and then need a new rifle to go under it, or buy a rifle and then need a new scope ;-)
Looking forward to your review!
Happy Trails
Jimmy

Vicious cycle? More like full blown disease! Might as well titled this post, " look at the big bag of meth I got".

I love my guns but when I see something like this the addict in me starts thinking, "OK wife says I'm done with buying guns but if I sell all of them I will have enough to get it". I'm no different than a Crack head breaking into a house for some cash. You may see me on a corner going " anything you want for a pellet gun". I just made myself laugh writing that.

By the way aj3 if you can't tell I like your new gun lol.

I am right there with you Paul. Air Gunning is far from my first (and only) hobby. I am a pilot, enjoy golf, fishing, a motorcycle ride now and then but these PCP air rifles have bitten me bad. I think that it is just the whole package of researching a gun (reading reviews etc.), ordering with delivery to your home, setting it up, and then the reward and satisfaction of shooting good groups and improving over time. I also get something from providing my own energy to power the thing through my Shoebox compressor...strange?

Regarding the wife, I just told her two weeks ago about the Vulcan I purchased a couple months ago. The Daystate will remain somewhat incognito well until the fall!

AJ

"FearnLoading"AJ3. I Have the MTC viper connect 3-12X32. I had the same questions about the comfort of eye relief. I've been shooting with it now for quite some time and it's a superb scope to have. Once you get used to the eye relief it's difficult to go back. Also since your eye stays at the same position parallax errors are reduced considerably.
FL

Do you prefer to rest your brow on the extended rubber eye cup or did you just adjust and get used to cheek on the comb with your eye less than an inch away from the glass?

Thanks

LoL Paul is halarious. Everyone is on here but Paul esplly. hehe. Hey, what's the update on the Daystate? I had the same stock on mine and it cut into my boney cheeks. That and no room for a bipod. Those are the reasons I got my custom stock. But the rifle should take JSBs in fine order. Mine had RWS so unstable 2 hit the inside of my Huggett cap. At least it wasnt my custom cap.

This hobby is not a hobby, it is a passion. They are weapons for Pete's sake, must be respected and have discipline when concerning them, which we all have. I have few avenues as you to express newfound joy in a rifle or scope, accessory. Two of my friends do like it but both are lovers of all firearms and one is on the fence to get PCP. I couldnt pry the Wolverine out of his hands when he saw how quiet and spot on it was.
I bet you will love your AirWolf, yours is much more suited for hunting. Mine has a steel 500cc tank, and a baseball bat scope, the Sightron SIII. Bench gun but oh so fun!