• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

a NEW Yong Heng compressor question

Couldn't find the answer to this one on any of the Yong Heng compressor posts or Yuo Tube vids. Just received my compressor today from China, Oct-30, It took less than a week to California; 308$ including shipping, but with no assembly instructions of any use. The temperature meter was included but not mounted and had no batteries in it either. I did figure out where the thermocouple-probe goes into the pump cylinder, but there are no specs for what size or voltage for the 2 button-cell batteries it uses. I guess everyone else got their compressors with the meter already mounted and the batteries installed, so can someone pop out a battery from the back of their meter and ID them for me....I can't try my compressor out until I get some batteries; I Will also need to pick up a 220 volt plug that fits my wall socket;(BTW this one has no auto-shut-off on it either). It looks like I will need a better water separator as well, although I see a lot of guys filling their SCBA tanks with the cheesy little filter that comes with the compressor. My main concern right now though is finding out the type of button cell batteries required for the temp meter. Thanks for any help on that.

Hello Steve,

Yes I also had the same issue with my Yong Heng compressor and I eventually worked out that the batteries are a 1.5 volt A76 / LR44 alkaline button batteries.

The digital Lcd temperature screen is on all the time as there is no on/off switch but I'm guesssing it would last a year or two with the batteries so I don't think it's a major concern. 

Hope that helps? 

Darren. 

Thanks Darren! Did you add a drier to your system? I see they are very expensive....more than the compressor cost for a good one. M-rod Air has a cheapie for 100$, but it has no pressure valve or bleed valve. I wonder how important it is to keep every drop of water out of your tanks? I'm off to buy some batteries and a cord plug.
Cheers.

Yes I've ordered a Tuxing oil water separator 4500psi but it hasn't shown up as yet. Shouldn't be far away hopefully.

I also ordered a bag of 50 of the replacement white filters that fit in the Yong Heng compressor filter at the same time as I ordered the Yong Heng compressor of which I'm making myself use a new filter after every fill. I think I payed around $11 for 50 of the small filters so not a great cost. But I do think this is just a temporary measure for me as I'll use my tuxing filter as soon as I get it.

I do like the Joe brancato (airtanksforsale website) Alpha filter but like you say it costs more than the compressor. 
But if you think about it, it's not a great cost if it lasts for years and separates the water as it's supposed to.
Water can't be good for air tanks or air guns so I think we should try as hard as we can to seperate it. 

What are your plans filter wise? 

I will try to find that Tuxing separator and take a look at it. Otherwise, I will probably check out filters from the other manufacturers of compressors like Colibri, Bauer, Daystate, etc. I got mine wired to a US 220 plug and tried it out yesterday....topped off my cheapest gun, a Marauder, from 2,000 to 3,200 psi, just to see how it worked; took about 45 seconds and seemed to work fine. thanks again for the help.
Cheers

well, I have been through a lot since the original post; before I could get a water separator for my Yong Heng, my house burned to the ground and I lost everything in the house including my air gun collection and the compressor. I have since built a shower and moved into the shop; after that, I bought two more fx guns and another Yong Heng compressor. This time I got a water separator for it and some molecular sieve desiccant that I filled it with, and got another carbon SCBA bottle. Bad luck was not over though....The new compressor started acting like it was seizing after the first 10 minutes; Ali Express would not reply to my emails requesting a replacement or refund, so I took the pump apart to investigate. Aside from a lot of metal particles & dirt in the oil, there was no apparent damage to the compressor side. I think the mfgr just didn't clean out the case before assembly. I then took apart the motor side and could see no obvious problems. I re assembled everything and ran it some more; it seems to work ok until the pressure gets up around 3,000 psi (around 57 degrees C), then starts missing or skipping, and slows down then speeds back up intermittently like a loose electrical connection. The red light starts to glow when the RPMs drop. So, I have concluded that the slight "burnt" smell and erratic operation could be the 220v relay or the start capacitor. I am now looking for replacements. This time I want to get them local, to reduce shipping time. does anyone know the link to the California distributor? I think there is one in Ontario California, but I can not find it.
Thanks, Steve