• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Horrible Bloody Day

Well today was not a good day for the pests and bird feeder rapists. I've had some squirrels around for a while now and had cases in the past they tore up feeders, spilled seed, etc.
In the past I've warmed their bottoms up with a Crosman 2100 and 3 pumps with a bb or pellet. After a couple weeks they have became more aggressive towards the feeders. My wife complained about it too, saying they were irritating her also and gave the green light for taking them out. There were 5 squirrels total at the feeders. I took out the first one while it hung upside down on the feeder. Hoping that would stop the rest, they simply ignored his dead body and slid on up the pole. So another one was sniped off the feeder.
A few minutes passed and they all had scattered, was hoping no more blood needed to be shed today but that did not last. No more than 10 minutes later another one climbed onto another feeder, within sight of a downed buddy. As it hung upside down munching on a seed it too met the end. Was stuck on the feeder, but finally released.
I was about to go gather up lot of them when an evil chipmunk came into sight. No doubt to eat the squirrel corpses. He too was popped. I seen another chipmunk run also but didn't get a shot.
So today 3 (1 at 20 yds, 2 at 25 yds)squirrels down, and another chipmunk(20 yds). Only the guilty squirrels were slain today and the bloodthirsty chipmunk of destruction. I buried them all.
Later in the day the 2 squirrels that had been spared earlier were eyeing the feeders. One indeed jumped to it and was quickly hit(20 yds) with a pellet from my newly acquired AirMax CP-1 CO2 pistol. Surely not enough to kill him(didn't want to) but he cut a cartwheel. Ya know I'm all about liking wildlife and I even appreciate it but felt no other course of action was going to make these squirrel beasts stop. I've been trying to avoid this and my wife has also worked on trying to scare them off but that did not work. I've taken every other course of action I knew to take except extermination with the squirrels. I even tried trapping them but they didn't fall for it. Over the winter and such even tolerated them digging up the yard. So while they are gone I'm sort of sad it came to this. Does that make sense? Do any of you ever feel "shooter remorse" after laying the squirrels to rest?
Perhaps you have stories of squirrels also damaging things that will lighten the mood. I guess what bothers me is that a couple years ago a baby squirrel had fell out the nest and came to me because it was cold. I warmed him up a little and he went back off under the tree. It's always a worry to me that one I've exterminated was that baby squirrel. Stupid huh?

Now chipmunks are a different story to me. They are pure evil little rodents that destroy things and mess up homes.

"oldspook"
"rw550nc"
So today 3 (1 at 20 yds, 2 at 25 yds)squirrels down, and another chipmunk(20 yds). Only the guilty squirrels were slain today and the bloodthirsty chipmunk of destruction. I buried them all.

You know you can eat those, right? Squirrels I mean, I dunno about chippers but I suppose if you had enough of them .... hmmm
Aye, that I do. And that is another reason I can't slay em. I never liked the taste of squirrel and everyone I knew that liked them is either moved away or passed on. So nobody to give them to. It is just another reason I can't validate killing another one.

Alas ... being a good communicator means that people find out what is really wrong with you.

I do hope that you had the decency to at least give a good funeral to those poor wretched souls you murdered in your own yard. Did you invite the widows and the children of those poor little creatures for one last chance to view the last mortal remains of their husband and fathers .... no I'll just bet you didn't ... you probably slipped plastic vampire teeth in the mouths of the deceased to scare the children or put Gorilla glue on the lips of the fathers just before the widows came by to give them one last kiss.

​Yeah ... we know your type ... probably slipped a whoopee cushion in the chair of the widow, or had someone blow a trumpet every time she wiped her nose at the funeral.

​I'm sure everybody wore their best at the funeral while you probably showed up in a clown suit telling everyone that you are from the IRS and want to confiscate the coffins for back taxes owed.

Heartless ... utterly heartless ... those poor little children will have to grow up never having known their fathers while you brag about the Mother's Day Massacre you put on in your own yard. 

​I hope you're happy young man, you've made this world a little bit darker by your actions this fine day.

​My suggestion to you is that you buy yourself a dog to tell your lame stories to about you feeling bad about killing four of God's little creatures who never did you any harm ... you can say any foolish thing to a dog and he'll give you a look that says, " My God, you're right! I never would have thought of that." ... but that wont fly on this forum. Ya see ... we ... on this forum ... realize that good judgement comes from experience ... and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

​Ps I DO hope you realize that I'm just playing around with you and ROTFLMAO.

for years i watched squirrels as they cleaned up the walnuts that fell from our tree. i never thought about shooting them. then the tree fell in a bad storm and the squirrels started attacking the feeders set for the finches and cardinals. i set out a feeder for the squirrels and filled it with corn thinking they would leave the bird feeders alone. i was wrong. not only did they eat the corn, but several times i witnessed them chasing song birds away and once a squirrel stole an egg from a nest.

then the neighbor told me about how they had chewed an entrance into his shed and wintered in a hole chewed into the patio furniture cushions. i myself found $400 of damage to my property. i stopped feeding them thinking they would move on. not so. i tried oiling the feeder pole, the slinky trick, even placing a plastic owl in a nearby tree.

finally i tried the air rifle. when in season, any squirrel seen attacking a bird or damaging property is fair game, and, they taste good too!