• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

A Few More Groundhogs

Watching and seeing all the posts and videos of groundhog hunts makes me excited for fall time. I can shoot them year round here but we letting them grow since they're not a nuisance to us where we can hunt them and we want to be able to have a sustainable population around. But I hear they are really good tasting which I don't doubt since they're a member of the squirrel family and I like squirrel. Nice shots by the way.

Hey Bill...are you using the Side Shot or Eagle Vision platform, for your scope cam footage? You mention the GoPro, so I assume it is one or the other.

I am using the SideShot and I imagine as I said before some is user error with settings. However I do have problems with play between the SideShot and one of my scopes ocular eyepieces. There is a lot of play so I had to shim one side of the eyepiece with a rubber strip and electrical tape it on to get good alignment. Still with the SideShot eyepiece lip being so shallow it will still slip to the side resulting in an offset to the center of the crosshairs. Bill

nice time out. looks like you had a blast.

My son and I went out for the first time for prairie dogs and we got 27 of them that was awesome for our first time out for them. I got some results pics that I'll try to post

My brother and I used to drive out from the east coast to Colorado and Nebraska to shoot prairie dogs with our centerfire rifles. We would shoot two to three hundred a day each but the report and recoil of our rifles sure made for a tiring day. Would love to go after with air rifles but we just are not up to doing the 1500 mile trip anymore. Bill