• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Dr. Beretta:

Thanks for the review. I am very interested in this gun as well. Good to hear about its accuracy. I would be curious if you lowered the power, how many more shots would you get per fill? I see that on max power you get about 30. In terms of the stock, does it feel like a cheap polymer or higher quality? Also, does it have a "pingy" sound when fired? I can't really tell on the youtube video reviews.

Thanks.

I have yet to shoot it on the medium or low power setting. I reviewed the shot strings from another member here as well as a shot string listed on the trenieroutdoors.com website (appears to be taken down) and it appears that they were getting about 30 usable shots no matter what power setting they were using, so no major difference. I'll run mine over the chrony here in the next few weeks at different power levels and see what I get once I get back from vacation.

In regards to the stock, it feels like really nice polymer - it has a matte texture to it and does not scuff. The material is hard. It does not feel harsh on my face when I look through the scope and is comfortable to shoot.

The gun is very quiet with the shroud and baffles as well as the Huggett moderator installed. You will hear the hammer strike the valve for sure but even that is quiet. Here's an example. I took down a pest squirrel two days ago with it at roughly 10 yards. There was a second squirrel next to it in the same tree. The first one dropped like a stone and the other one just stood there and didn't run away, just looked down at its dead buddy. So yes it's quiet. The impact of the pellet hitting the target is louder than the gun firing. I'm planning on testing out the decibel readings on it as well both with and without the moderator as well as trying out a Weihrauch moderator I have as well and seeing if there is a difference.

"ptreemover37"I haven't been able to find spare magazines for sale for the Brocock Compatto. Has anyone found a US seller of these? price?
If this is true ...

American here. This is the kind of crap you get when you are dependent on another continent in your chain of supply. We just don't have any real recourse. In a healthy market a supplier and its distribution network would not try stupid ____ like this. Everybody wants more than one mag. Why would Brocock treat their customers so poorly?

I have a Brocock being repaired now and it is very difficult getting parts for it, not sure if it is Brocock or their importer but right now I have an almost new gun that is in pieces because I can not get parts to repair it. It is a shame we spend money on our guns and can not get parts for them when needed, shame on the makers and the importers! Neil.

I see most manufacturers include just one magazine with their rifles. Rarely do you get more than one. That being said, I suspect because the gun is relatively new, our importer of the gun here, *cough, AoA, *cough, may not have the spare mags for sale yet. I checked online and right now you can buy breech O-rings on Ebay from overseas for an exorbitant cost - so don't fall for it - just get some here locally.
As for the spare mags, I found this British website selling the 0.22 caliber mag for 36.95 British pounds:

http://www.drapers-airguns.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=161_169&products_id=5214

It appears to be about $54 US dollars with today's conversion rate, not including shipping overseas.

Another source below is selling the mags for $71.52 shipped to the USA:

http://bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/product/brocock-compatto-spare-magazine

I'm not in dire need of a second mag yet, but those prices are pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure how much Daystate mags go for but even Air Arms mags are around $50 here when you figure in shipping costs.

This rifle looks like a good all around piece and it will take more customers to generate a feeling of satisfaction with the product. I would be tempted, but it's too new for me and there are many air rifles in that price range that have been around for a while and have a good reputation. This would make a good hunter. Too bad the shot count is so low.