• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

75+ fpe .25

Tough to beat a Maverick for performance/dollar. But be advised you will likely see a decrease in accuracy at those speeds. The closer to super sonic you reach the less stability a projectile has.
Yes, that is why i want to push further with 75fpe being a starting point. I have seen a couple brits push the M3 in .22 and .25 to those speeds and get excellent results, but they need to be really moving. Well made slugs react much better through the below mach transition.

Reactions: MongooseV8
Yes, that is why i want to push further with 75fpe being a starting point. I have seen a couple brits push the M3 in .22 and .25 to those speeds and get excellent results, but they need to be really moving. Well made slugs react much better through the below mach transition.
Sounds like an interesting experiment :unsure: (y)

Reactions: Scotay42
My accuracy with Hybrids in .22 and .25 definitely went south long before the 1,100fps mark. But I’m not making videos or trying to sell something. But that’s one thing the slug craze is good for. Make a video, lots of editing magic, then guys start busting out their wallets. But if you absolutely refuse to put the koolaid down, yes, a Maverick VP will make the power for a broad range of testing with ease of adjustability. As suggested, probably some better choices for a rock solid gun that has a good chance of shooting little bullets. I just know I wouldn’t go on a spending spree because of something I saw on a video of all things. Like a serious illness, get a second opinion before you try turning an airgun into a 22lr.

airforce seems a good way to go but not if you want all the bells and whistles. I put an 18” .25 barrel on my old talon p and it gets 80 fpe no problem. I’ve seen a few in the classifieds and also saw someone with an 18” .25 barrel for sale.
Yeah i want the power and a magazine. Airforce is a good option for the power, but this will eventually be a competition gun for me.

Facts that will be permanent:

- Speed and aerodinamics of bullets of powder burners may not be reached by air rifles.

- Killing power at very long range of powder burners will never be matched by air rifles.

If the written above is true then I think that we need to define what we are looking for:

- Accuracy at very long range?

- Killing power at very long range?

- Pursuing the above the perfection at closer range?

Whatever the answer is, then the next question should be:

Once defined the distance and the purpose (for target or hunting -what-), which is the caliber and weight and speed of the projectile I will be sending to fly?

At least theoretically, but based on empirical experience, there has to be a recommended rule.

Last edited: