• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

70s bbgun fun

So, one Christmas all the kids on our block got bb guns. What do you do? Of course you divide into two teams to play army. This kid, Larry Howell, comes around the corner of the house and my brother nails him right under his nose, great shot, the bb embeds into his flesh and the blood flows. Larry screams and runs home. This is a small town where everybody knows everybody. The phone lines light up. Soon most of the participants are also lit up by fathers with cowboy belts. Almost all of the bb guns got stomped into metal garbage. My brother's gun somehow survived. A few days later, after the brew ha ha dies down, we hatch another way to have bbgun fun. We take turns. One rides the bike past the shooter and trys not to get hit. The rider wears a moto helmet with a bubble face shield. It was understood, that no matter how much it hurt, that there was no running home to mama. Shooting a moving target would better prepare us for shooting deer and hogs that are usually running. It was fun. The further away from the rider the more you had to lead.

So, one Christmas all the kids on our block got bb guns. What do you do? Of course you divide into two teams to play army. This kid, Larry Howell, comes around the corner of the house and my brother nails him right under his nose, great shot, the bb embeds into his flesh and the blood flows. Larry screams and runs home. This is a small town where everybody knows everybody. The phone lines light up. Soon most of the participants are also lit up by fathers with cowboy belts. Almost all of the bb guns got stomped into metal garbage. My brother's gun somehow survived. A few days later, after the brew ha ha dies down, we hatch another way to have bbgun fun. We take turns. One rides the bike past the shooter and trys not to get hit. The rider wears a moto helmet with a bubble face shield. It was understood, that no matter how much it hurt, that there was no running home to mama. Shooting a moving target would better prepare us for shooting deer and hogs that are usually running. It was fun. The further away from the rider the more you had to lead.
Party lines lit up
This was the precursor to “hold my beer and watch this”
No, chug it first

Reactions: beerthief
Those were the days! In our small world we to had BB gun wars. Mostly Cowboy and Indian in a surreal theater, was like the real deal. No shooting above the belt rule that applied once all he'll broke loose. No pumpers! I have a scar on my left elbow from a city boy's pumper long shot. Now I'm talking like several hundred yards and when struck it stung and pulled me to the left.

One day with my 760 pumper I was joking around and making this kid on the block "dance" like in the Westerns. I missed the ground and hit his foot. BB went thru his sock and into his flesh. I had to squeeze it out like a zit. Ran into the house and got some iso alcohol to prevent infection. It was pretty scary at the time.
Many other bad decisions were made with slingshots, bow and arrow, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956