• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

700mm heavy slug linear and .25 slugs

I had not planned on buying a new gun until spring but I sold my MK3 compact quicker than I thought so I pullled the trigger on the Wildcat MK3 bottle with the 700mm barrel and the heavy slug liner. I am using the gun solely for hunting and I wanted to shoot slugs. We are right in the middle of hunting season here and I didn’t want to spend a lot of time tuning so the I had the guys at Utah air guns tune it for the 33 grain Zans. I also bought some 29.5 NSA’ and some FX hybrids just to see if certain ones would group better than others. I shot a couple of strings through the chronograph… the Zans shot at an average 978 fps the NSA’s average at 1007 fps and the hybrid slugs at average of 1041 fps. It shot the Zans and the NSA’s grouped okay but man it loved the Hybrids. At 50 yards it shoots hole in hole and at 75 it’s pretty close to that. I head shot a squirrel at 75 yards this morning. I’ve never had a gun that would do that. Check out the expansion on this hybrid slug I dug out of a squirrel I shot at 75 yards. I’m thinking I will just leave it alone for now but do you think I could the other slugs to shoot just as good. My second reg is set to 130 bar. I can get close to 60 shots before it falls of the regulator. For those of you with more tuning experience that me would you just leave it alone?

B0B0D435-01E3-4DCF-BE33-7065124CF0C4.jpeg

B697997C-2958-4BAA-B483-5F1787AE3B11.jpeg

C5FF6559-F890-4F31-8230-7DAD0FC15F71.jpeg

62D18A34-EEA2-495E-A2F2-39C0A8BBAF96.jpeg

Reactions: 7Green
First off, I’m not one of those with more tuning experience. Sounds to me you have it doing pretty well as it is. I recently got a Maverick .25 that I’m in the same stages of tuning. I’m shooting 34.9 nsa’s @ 990. Your close to that with your wildcat. Maybe someone with more experience will have some more helpful advice for you.

Reactions: LSS152
I'd leave it be likely they only like one or 2 different types of brand / size of slugs you could tune &tune & tune and not get it to shoot that good with other brands I have had luck tuning a friend's M3 with 43 gr NSA and 44 gr h&n slugs both shot pretty good I'd say NSA did better they were both running right around 980 fps for a full clip using a 580 cc 250 bar fill

Reactions: LSS152
I had not planned on buying a new gun until spring but I sold my MK3 compact quicker than I thought so I pullled the trigger on the Wildcat MK3 bottle with the 700mm barrel and the heavy slug liner. I am using the gun solely for hunting and I wanted to shoot slugs. We are right in the middle of hunting season here and I didn’t want to spend a lot of time tuning so the I had the guys at Utah air guns tune it for the 33 grain Zans. I also bought some 29.5 NSA’ and some FX hybrids just to see if certain ones would group better than others. I shot a couple of strings through the chronograph… the Zans shot at an average 978 fps the NSA’s average at 1007 fps and the hybrid slugs at average of 1041 fps. It shot the Zans and the NSA’s grouped okay but man it loved the Hybrids. At 50 yards it shoots hole in hole and at 75 it’s pretty close to that. I head shot a squirrel at 75 yards this morning. I’ve never had a gun that would do that. Check out the expansion on this hybrid slug I dug out of a squirrel I shot at 75 yards. I’m thinking I will just leave it alone for now but do you think I could the other slugs to shoot just as good. My second reg is set to 130 bar. I can get close to 60 shots before it falls of the regulator. For those of you with more tuning experience that me would you just leave it alone?
@LSS152
Just curious why you opted to exchange your MK3 Compact for an Wildcat MK3 BT?

Patrick