• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

50+ yards group thread

Here some 150m (164 yards) shots with my FX Boss followed by my first 175m (191 yards) attempt.

It is a second hand which took me weeks to solve multiples leakage (valve, reg, gauge...) and set up this beauty close to perfection. Scope is a Falcon 4-18*44 FFP.

I shoot JSB king 51 grains.

150m:
I know it is only 5 shots group and next time I will stay all the session to the same target at 150m (close to 50 shots).
POI change is due to change on my scope.

175m:
this 10 shots group has been performed quickly at the end of my morning session and under heavy rain but not much wind and size is 14cm height and 10cm width (10cm*10cm without the lowest one)

Dreuf, that's great shooting!! I want to stretch my .30 Raw out, but I've been consentrating on 75-100 yards.

ive shot it too 150 yards in prone, 20 shot that can be covered with a pellet tin lid. I'm sure it would be better if I worked on it.

Boss is a great gun, I was considering the Boss when I bought the RAW, But the customer support and being built in America sold me on the RAW.

"Salticon"Dreuf, that's great shooting!! I want to stretch my .30 Raw out, but I've been consentrating on 75-100 yards.

ive shot it too 150 yards in prone, 20 shot that can be covered with a pellet tin lid. I'm sure it would be better if I worked on it.

Boss is a great gun, I was considering the Boss when I bought the RAW, But the customer support and being built in America sold me on the RAW.
I would love to have a RAW but I am European so I went for the Boss for the exact same reasons as you mentioned.

Those rifles are awesome. Have fun.

I turned the power down on my .22 Cricket pup to 920 fps today.

Was checking my zero at 28 yds and liked what I saw. So decided to stretch it out to 55 yds

I've got a metal drum setting on the back lot with a bell target sitting on it. Didn't feel like walking out there with a paper target so I picked out a previous pellet hit and used that for my POI.

It's the rusty pellet hit just about the group. Only had 9 pellets left in the magazine and nailed a good sub 1/2" group at 55 yds. Easily covers the whole mess with a dime. First 3 or 4 shots went in the same hole and punched through the metal. Looked like one pellet hole for the first 4 shots.

Shooting the 18.1 gr Edgun pellets straight from the tin.

Yep, 55 yd and a 9 shot group with a Bullpup on bipod with rear bag.

Today was a good day. Lovin' it!

"Percula"I bet it was double the satisfaction with the ding on every shot!
Perc
I should have taken a picture of my Bell Target. It's actually the one in this video. Paul gave it to me shortly after making this video.
It's my favorite target. 4 different kill zones. 1.5" 1" 5/8" & 3/8"
That 3/8 is tough at 55 yds but have done it with the Pup and the Thomas of course. Love that sound it makes when you have a clean hit.

Received my RAW .30 cal this afternoon - was a bit afraid and almost didn't accept the package - due to extreme damage to it and one end was soaking wet!
turned out that the rifle was triple boxed and that's what saved it! - the box that the gun was actually in -the instruction booklet was soaked -but the rifle didn't have any water in or on it. Called Martin and talked to Sandra as well, thanked them for such packaging ! I am sure this saved the rifle!
anyway I mounted my 80X march scope and selected the only 46 grain pellets I have - at least labeled ---A tin of FX .30 grain pellets !
i set the lab radar up to check initial velocity for the record -Ā 
the winds were crazy today - had to close the umbrella - although one of its support members was already damaged šŸ˜«
I also had to drag the bullet trap back another 75 feet to shoot- yardage actually ended up being about 52 yards though -
but I didn't even set out wind flags -to late in the day and the wind was coming out of one direction --
but to my surprise it didn't take to long to dial it in-
the fps was in the 830 fps range so I bumped it up to the 850 to 860 rangeĀ 
tomorrow I will mount another base - an Ivey shooting base with 150 MOA of extra elevation -I'm a bit concerned that my windage adjustment on the March scope is maxedĀ 
out to the left - no more adjustment in it? I fear that something might have happened to its internals - will know more tomorrow

i will try to take some live action video with the scope cam - if I have time this weekendĀ 
expecting plummeting temps -Ā 
cheersĀ 
CK

Thanks Jimmy !
im not sure these photos really show the damage to the outer then inner boxes -
one end of the outer box was soaked with water and the side of it crushed -
I said this to the delivery person - and he just schrugged his shoulders ?

im also surprised at the out of the box accuracy at 50 yards - especially if you would have seen the winds!
past the 20 mph mark! And a front just now moving through - supoesdd to get chilly?Ā 
Or at least chilly for Florida folkšŸ˜†
CKĀ 

Yup - UPS - the driver just had a blank look - I'd gotten Martin on the phone - acepeted the package- but normally when something shows up in such deplorableĀ 
condition I just refuse it. It's to Martins credit that they triple boxed the rifle - I'm sure that had it simply been shipped double boxed -it would most certainly have been ruined !
i think they left the box out in the rain at central receiving - Orlando ? We did have severe storms run through the central fla area in the past several days --
But even the actual box that had the rifle was wet at one end - the booklet completely soaked!Ā 
Not sure why water wasn't dripping from the rifle?
hope there's nothing inside it that will Rust -
i did run a few patches through the barrel soaked with oil after I finished -
and do believe the action is mostly aluminum and stainless steel ?Ā 
CK