• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3D Printed FX Magazine

725adb05b73f9c3ed6f297b7e0159fad.jpg
I designed and printed an FX magazine for my Impact. It feeds just as well as the original and only cost around $2. The left one is entirely 3D printed so I added a shot count window. I laser cut the back-plate out of polycarbonate for the right one.
167fe21f1b74bd6b629549754ab92a81.jpg
I started with the original design to make sure it would even work. It worked great but I couldn't find a source for the spring.
a6cd503e3aa004ddb1ea98f680f4a519.jpg
So I redesigned it to use the spring from a retractable ID badge holder.
47e86dbf03133caebab68e0044cd9004.jpg
Then with sanding, filing, some acetone smoothing and a few bits of hardware you have a perfectly functional magazine!
2ee878559c4dd9a4bdb394e1bcb2c4f5.jpg
I'll probably replace these with factory mags eventually but for now I don't have to choose between a spare bottle or a scope and a bunch of magazines. On the other hand I may replace the factory back-plates with polycarbonate because of how much more scratch resistant it is.

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO ACCESSORIES SECTION

"OnehitWonder"Nice!
I wonder if a better mag can be developed. Maybe a single stacked indexed mag? In concept it could be easier to load. Now develope one and take my money!
These magazines are just beautifully made and designed . I don’t use the factory magazine any more these are expensive but so well done. 
https://www.side-shot.com/
Not to take anything away from what you have done there rj2239. Amazing to see. 

I am just imagining something other than a rotary magazine. Maybe like a conventional handgun type magazine. Probably have to load on the Rifle from the left side using left hand to clear bolt lever action. Potentially easier to load with less chance to dent the pellet, and maybe a better shot count with less increase in profile? Again all just concepts. No pictures. Not sure if it would even work. I will have to sit down and sketch it out...

"rj2239"Lol, I don't plan on selling them but I don't have a problem sharing the files. I should probably ask FX if they're cool with it since I'm not selling anything. I don't think there is much overlap between people that spend 2k on a air rifle then want to save a few buck on more magazines. Thanks.

You do realize those things are $95 if you buy them from FX, right? You just made a $100 out of $2...... If you were to give me a couple, I bet a check would accidentally show up in your mailbox in a few days...

Crusher

I discussed the possibailty of a straight tray of pellets feeding a FX 500 with Fredrick of FX. He said pellets do not feed well touching each other. Maybe that's the reason for all the rotary mags. I've never had a problem with a FX or Crosman rotary mag. The problem I have is the cost of the FX mag. i have six and protect them carefully.
Happy New Year everybody. Scott