• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.30 vs .25 - Caliber Selection Thoughts

I have been debating a .30 in lieu of my .25, but.... I really don’t need that much power right now. My .25 is actually more powerful than my current needs. Mine can shoot almost as hard as a stock .30 (fpe) making it not worth the switch. I imagine you will have a flatter trajectory. Ammo is cheaper. Very versatile, can shoot it as a 30fpe gun or a 65fpe gun. I think that I would get the .30 if I was out hunting pigs etc all the time or I had disposable income & then I’d keep both. 

"I like a 0.25 because it's got great all-around versatility"

"I like the 0.30 because it's got great down-range hitting power (in the right gun)"

"I like a 0.25 because it's less expensive to shoot"

"I like the 0.30 because it's really big and easy to load"

"I like a 0.25 because it's available in a wider variety of pellet shapes & weights from different manufacturers"

"I like the 0.30 because it's been the more accurate round for me in my guns at 100 yards"

"I like a 0.25 because it's lower power (less gun jump) makes it easier to shoot casually"

"I like the 0.30 because it's so significantly different as compared to a more 'standard' small caliber like .22"

"I like a 0.25 because it's got great all-around versatility"

"I like the 0.30 because it's got great down-range hitting power (in the right gun)"

"I like a 0.25 because it's less expensive to shoot"

"I like the 0.30 because it's really big and easy to load"

"I like a 0.25 because gives substancial more shots per fill"

"I like the 0.30 because it's a real hunting caliber for jack rabit and above"

For doves and ducks (when allowed by the laws) rabbits and squirrels, .25.

For anything bigger than that is much better the .30 Cal. By far!!!

You need to be extra caution with .30 cal... It can really cause damage to someone if you shoot to the air.

With .30, .357, .45. and .50 Cals you HAVE to know where the projectile will stop.

Whatever you buy choose a really good rifle (Airgun Technology, FX, Daystate). That´s the difference among "for sure and maybe"

I prefer .25 because it seems to be just the right balance between power, air economy, and noise. 

All of the .30 guns I have shot have been very loud and inefficient with the amount of air. 

If you are shooting anything coyote size or larger then by all means use a .30 or larger. 

Anything smaller than a coyote the .25 will be sufficient. 

Squirrels, rabbits, muskrats, and anything feathered will be harvested easily with a .25. 

For my personal use, I don't see a need for anything larger than .25 YMMV. 

If you buy a Uragan (normal or king) easily you can increase the tensión in the hammer to shot above 55 foot pounds with JSB 34 grain.

That´s enough power for almost anything smaller than a White Tailed deer.

Then you will have absolutely everything: Accuracy at long range, power, a lot of shots per fill, good weight and size, two magazines. You will just need to learn to love the shape (not handsome as a Daystate).

It is very difficult that you would like to shot another rifle. You will have best of the best.

i perfer a .30 because my .22 can produce just as much FPE with great accuracy at long range distance over the .25's i've had....(many). had an awesome wildcat mk2 for about 2 years in .30....great gun but limited in power and shot count when tuned for high power.

its taken many hogs and a few whitetail with head shots.

and i just purchased a new Uragan .30 standard and sent it to Derrick for his tuning.

98.4 fpe for 27 shots from a 250bar fill....thats a lot of pigs !!

should have it tomorrow evening.🤘