.30 FX Impact - Initial impressions

"BH"I'm at the same setup, but I'm right at 150 on reg for what I can tell.
  • Power wheel at Max
  • Valve 4
  • Regulator at 150
I'm at ~72 FPE. More power than I will ever need.

I need to find a .25 barrel kit. Hopefully they will be back in stock somewhere soon. This platform is killing it for me, and I am looking forward to trying it in .25. .25 next, then .22. :)
BH what is your fps ?

GQ sorry for the late reply. Yea, my buddies .30 cal is a little less powerful. I think he is getting about 64 to 68 FPE max. In talking with an airgun dealer he indicted he was getting the same FPE. The dealer loves FX but was shocked at some of the under FPE in 30 cal that was showing up. He said other people have asked about the FPE and were not getting the stated specs. If you are getting 77 FPE in 44 grain then you are doing well. I have not tried the 44grain so I might do that. 

Now I have heard of other guys getting more and not sure how they are doing it. I know my max speed of the .25 cal is less than Teds Holdover is getting. I have basically maxed out everything trying to get his speeds with the same pellet. 

So the Daystate Wolverine is accurate 100+ FPE gun. The Hatsan shoots about 100 to 105 fpe but these guns feel like a big step up in power. Both guns are super heavy compared to the the impact. 

Jay

"jaydog"GQ sorry for the late reply. Yea, my buddies .30 cal is a little less powerful. I think he is getting about 64 to 68 FPE max. In talking with an airgun dealer he indicted he was getting the same FPE. The dealer loves FX but was shocked at some of the under FPE in 30 cal that was showing up. He said other people have asked about the FPE and were not getting the stated specs. If you are getting 77 FPE in 44 grain then you are doing well. I have not tried the 44grain so I might do that. 

Now I have heard of other guys getting more and not sure how they are doing it. I know my max speed of the .25 cal is less than Teds Holdover is getting. I have basically maxed out everything trying to get his speeds with the same pellet. 

So the Daystate Wolverine is accurate 100+ FPE gun. The Hatsan shoots about 100 to 105 fpe but these guns feel like a big step up in power. Both guns are super heavy compared to the the impact. 

Jay

Jay
What is the regulator setting on this Impact ?

I spent some time today just playing with the powerwheel to test sound level and POI at 25 yds. Not that I would want to do it all the time bc of the price of pellets, but d*"m, at 600 fps and 35fpe the .30 still hits like a rock and is just silly quiet. Stacking pellets even at the low and slow speed.

UTG recon 360 bipod on its way to compliment the Impact. New Warne QD rings too - I don't like the Burris Sig rings on the impact rail, it's a little too tight of a fit trying to get them on and off. The Warne will allow me to switch between field and target scopes easily.