• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30 cal PCP rifle options

Recently noticed the FX impact M3 sniper in 30 cal, looking at the specs it seems an ideal choice for long range accurate pest control and paper punching when you are bored.
A little digging reveals that a lot has gone on since I got my FX Revolution and that there maybe even better choices out there than the FX guns?
What are your thoughts?
I used to do a lot of pest control with the Revolution out to 230 to 250 yards with close to 100 success on the pest species I was dealing with.

Recommendations gratefully accepted.

Ghce,
AGT Uragan 2 .30 (700mm) or the Vulcan 3 Long .30 (Walnut Stock) are two I'd recommend. Krales, in the Netherlands, is currently out of stock on the Vulcan 3 and has not yet acquired any Uragan 2 inventory. I prefer synthetic stock and AGT reports the Vulcan 3 will be so equipped in the future, however, I've decided to go for the Uragan 2. (Talon Tunes has the AGT products currently available, Krales offers better pricing and so I wait.) WM

@ghce I like the American Air Arms Evol .30.
8608A416-20A2-4DDF-8CF1-C0920CB47C9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Besides great improvements to ponder over, take customer service, parts availability along with the ease of obtaining parts, and lastly aftermarket support, when coming to a decision.

It’s all great when the new models come out, but in the end, when you need to speak with a tech or have to buy a broken cocking assembly, the manufacturer with that type of support always wins

Reactions: ghce and Ezana4CE
My vote is for .30 uragan, love it I have an original first gen uragan in synthetic. Fun gun, smooth shooter I’m getting 900fps with 50gr fx diablos only disappointment is the fx hybrid slugs don't fit in the magazine disappointing because when I single load them, which is a huge pain they really shoot nicely.

Recently noticed the FX impact M3 sniper in 30 cal, looking at the specs it seems an ideal choice for long range accurate pest control and paper punching when you are bored.
A little digging reveals that a lot has gone on since I got my FX Revolution and that there maybe even better choices out there than the FX guns?
What are your thoughts?
I used to do a lot of pest control with the Revolution out to 230 to 250 yards with close to 100 success on the pest species I was dealing with.

Recommendations gratefully accepted.
For me, the .30 cal. Impact Is definitely the most accurate for long range. It is my go-to gun for prairie dogs out to 400 yards. With the slugs I'm shooting it still has over 40 ft/lbs of energy at 400 yards. I have the .25 and .22 Impacts also but the wind blows them around much more at longer distances. For what it sounds like your trying to do, it would be hard to beet the tunability and accuracy of the .30 Impact. It takes coyotes out really well too. JMO.

My vote is for .30 uragan, love it I have an original first gen uragan in synthetic. Fun gun, smooth shooter I’m getting 900fps with 50gr fx diablos only disappointment is the fx hybrid slugs don't fit in the magazine disappointing because when I single load them, which is a huge pain they really shoot nicely.
+1 for my Uragan gen 1 ( standard ) amazingly accurate with JSB S 44.75 s

Reactions: RM.510bigbore