• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 scoring gauge

Does anyone make a .25 cal scoring gauge? I've found .177, .22, .32, etc.. Or is that not an issue for benchrest matches allowing .25 because the ranges are all 50+ yards and there's no issue scoring the targets. I've not yet had the pleasure of shooting in an airgun benchrest match, but have done 3 position small bore at 25 yards where a scoring gauge was needed.

I've never shot BR in competition but I often see a statement like 'all scoring will be done with x cal. scoring gauge' when multiple calibers are allowed. Not sure how that works when the the cal is larger/smaller than the gauge being used. Not sure distance matters as it's usually one shot per target. Still gotta have a definable way to score a hit on target.

The only reason I thought distance might come into play is like how it does with high power shooting which starts at 200 yards. I went to an introduction type match were we shot M1 Garands and there wasn't any need for scoring gauges as the rings were quite large. So, my thinking was that if benchrest for air rifles was done at 50+ maybe the targets are such that a gauge isn't needed

Anyway, this is why I asked. I didn't know for example, as you pointed out, that a single gauge will be used when multiple calibers are involved. Seems odd. For right now I'm just looking for a way to consistently score my own targets so I can track what changes may have occurred which affects my own score.

you still would/could have hits that are close to a scoring line between rings. It interested me when I saw hits that appeared to 9's but were scored as 10's (or whatever rings you want to think of). For my BR style shooting at home I use a lupe and if there is any evidence of the pellet 'breaking the line' I assume it would score as if it did. Whether inside or outside scoring.....

Look at some BR scoring in the comp forum. Here or elsewhere. That's all I know....

Well, you gotten a better response than when I asked the same question.

I managed to find out. That the ASA standard in a 35cal plug for there 100yrd matches.

RMAC uses a 35cal also.

Extreme benchrest uses a 30 cal because the is the largest caliber allowed.

One gentleman told me to buy a 6.5 and turn it down if I wanted a 25 cal plug.

Your next head scratchier will be finding a 35 cal plug.

Good luck and I'm following

Thanks

Dave

During my search today I came across TargetScan which is a app for phones which claims to do the scoring for a wide range of targets. The app is $18 from the Apple Store (there's also a version for Android). I'm thinking that might work well for me since the application also allows one to add notes to each session. I was going to do the scoring by hand, but if this App works as advertised it might just work.