• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 or 22

In my opinion it depends on budget. If you go 22 you will probably want to spend more coin to get one with enough power to shoot heavier projectiles. 16 and 18 gr pellets get blown all over in the wind . If wanting to keep a bit of a lower budget I would say 25 cal. Just about any pcp you get in 25 will be designed to push at least a 25.39 gr pellet with decent power. This will hold up better in the wind than a budget 22 designed around only a 16 or 18 gr. I really like 25 as a do all caliber yet it retains a low ammo cost.

I hunt crows from a blind.. I use decoys and a crow call... It depends on the weather.. no wind, light wind...windy day what I will take. Here lately it's been a no to light wind day so I've been using a 177 shooting slugs (does a great job too) if the day is windy I'll roll with a 22 shooting 25.4gr pellets.. I do have some 25cal rifles and have hunted crows with... I personally prefer a 22.. no particular reason other than I just like it..

Reactions: mercado
I'm from the .22 cal is tops crew. Ammo is quite a bit cheaper and the best selection. As far as the power goes the .25 is usually around 10-20 fpe more. But with its larger diameter and weight its I'm pretty sure the trajectory is less on the .22. Hunting with either will depend on the shooters ability to place the shot .

I do have a .25 and it's mostly a raccoon pcp. Way more than I need on smaller pests .

Reactions: Dairyboy