• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 mrod trouble

I am having some trouble with my gen 1 mrod. My point is all over the place and I'm getting 12 shots on a fill (3000 to 1800), I used to get 24 shots per fill. I cleaned the barrel and released the barrel. I have shot it three times at least 100 pelets each time. My point will be high then shift left then right I am using a lead sled to hold the rifle to take the human out of the mix. My gen 2 srod was cleaned the same time with the same method and I am hitting nail heads at fifty yeards. Please help.

It sounds to me as a REGULATOR problem, you may have some trapped dirt or a worn valve preventing the reg from fully closing after the hammer strikes said valve...If you have access to it, take it apart and wash it with lighter fluid and use very little silicon oil in the O rings...Don't lubricate any other parts....TAKE PICTURES of the regulator as you disassemble it, some regulators have a combination of opposed and non opposed Belleville washers for attaining certain pressure and you want to keep the very same line out of these washers...It it has a spring, then it will be a straight forward process...

Regards,

AZ

Did you tune the gun or just shooting how it came out of the box? If you tuned it and wrote down your settings, check if the striker adjustment backout. It is common on marauders. Even if the breech o-ring looks fine, replace it. You should remove it when cleaning the bore as it can get damaged and when they don't seal, you could see shotgun like patterns. The transfer port seals could be leaking as well.

Shoot a couple of chrony strings and post your results. If you run into trouble, feel free to pm me and I will give you my phone number.

"azuaro"It sounds to me as a REGULATOR problem, you may have some trapped dirt or a worn valve preventing the reg from fully closing after the hammer strikes said valve...If you have access to it, take it apart and wash it with lighter fluid and use very little silicon oil in the O rings...Don't lubricate any other parts....TAKE PICTURES of the regulator as you disassemble it, some regulators have a combination of opposed and non opposed Belleville washers for attaining certain pressure and you want to keep the very same line out of these washers...It it has a spring, then it will be a straight forward process...

Regards,

AZ

Marauders do not come with regulators.