• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 jsb heavies and smooth twist barrels

Until this week I had pretty much only shot the Mk 1 heavies through my BSA barrel on the FX Elite. That combination shoots those pellets wonderfully. I don't have Mk 2s and probably won't get any as my Elite is single shot and has no magazine problem.

To the point: I have the ST barrel back on. It shoots normal 25.4 gr Kings exceptionally (also Polymags) and again proved so this week with sub inch 100 yd and sub 1/2" 51 yards groups .
However It did not shoot the Heavies so well. Now I do know from previous research I did some years ago that the normal Kings actual spin rate as it emerges from the barrel is around 1:75" from the 1:16" short rifling section of the ST barrel. That spin rate is obviously plenty to stabilize the lighter Kings.
However, without yet having done the necessary tests, I feel that the heavier pellet probably skids through the rifling even more aggressively, because of its greater momentum when striking the rifling, and so may pick up even less spin and so may not stabilize quite so well.

Regards, Harry.

Bitfrost sorry for the delay. It was a great notice on your part. Actually, there was problem with the gun. I notices a 67 fps spread un 10x shot group ob the chrony. I took it to AAA for service in a very weird thing they found... There was a random o-ring floating near the hammer spring chamber. This ring was sometimes getting in the way of the hammer when it hit the valve acting as a cushion. No one knows how it got there or where it came from, probably came that way from the FX Factory as an oops. They fixed it. Now it shoots around 880 feet per second what's a 25gr