• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 fx streamline/huma regulator

I just switched out the fx reg for a huma reg,the fx reg was set at the 140 bar and the newly installed huma is set at 148 bar...the rifle had shot 33.9 pellets at 849-860fps for 30 shots with the fx reg at 140.now with the huma reg at 148 bar what shot count and speed/shot count should I expect with hammer spring set at same place shooting the 33.9 pellets?I hope to get time to shoot it this weekend...

B22.jpg

Well you will only know for sure when you test it. My guess is you will get quiet a few more shot, as the gun will shoot slower than before.
I thought just the opposite,a higher regulator setting would yield less shots with more power.i shoot it over my chrony to be sure.i looking for a little faster fps and less shots...

You should follow a basic tuning guide when adjusting that hammer spring. Basically find the max speed with current reg setting, and adjust down from there, and stop at the velocity which groups best on paper. It might not nesesarry be the same speed as before. But if you want increased shot count, the gun will use less air the further down on speed you go. If you can shoot with same accuracy at 820-850 range, instead of the "old" speed, the gun will use even less air.

Last edited: