• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

25 caliber Uragan 2 Tannk wont take air

Hello everyone I am fairly new to this forum and also to PCP air rifles. So here is my problem I have a 25 caliber Uragan 2 and I wanted to
install some shrink tubing over my carbon bottle so I degassed the bottle I then removed the bottle put the sleeve on my bottle
and then I closed the degassing screw I then reinstalled my bottle hooked it up to my Rovair compressor and now the tank wont take any air
I tried cocking the lever while filling but nothing I also don't know anyone with a scuba tank to try and fill it that way I also have a FX impact M3
so I tried to fill it with my compressor to see if it was the compressor but it filled it right up so I'm pretty sure my compressor is ok. Any help you guys could
give me will be very much appreciated I am just sick about this I absolutely love this gun and want to shoot it but cant get it to take air Please help me figure this out
Thanks.

Charlie from Michigan

did you shoot the plenum empty after draining the bottle?
(not required to just remove the bottle)

if you did,
then you may need a tank to get the blast to close the valve.

the first time i emptied mine to adjust the reg,
i hooked my tank up and it just "whooshed" when i opened the valve for about 3 or 4 seconds then it clicked and filled.

every time ive adjusted the reg since then it has filled from completely empty without the "whoosh"

also,if you havent,
make sure you unscrew the shroud,
and screw the included red aluminum threaded cap onto the barrel,
it helps to create some back pressure that will help the valve seal when filling.

Last edited:
Where is the air leaking out from? did you make sure the O-rings on the tanks were still installed properly and lubed with silicone oil or silicone grease? did you make sure your shrink wrap didn't impair the seal on the bottle O-rings? if air is leaking out the barrel and the action is cocked, try the Bump technique, with compressor hooked up and pumping air, Bump the Butt of the gun on the ground, bump it hard enough to make the poppet seal but not too hard so you don't break it, more like a 8-10 inch drop on the butt pad... if that doesn't work then get a fill bottle, allow enough time for the compressor, it's trying to fill 2 bottles so it will be slower filling.

Reactions: starlingassn
good call on mentioning the tank oring!

the tank oring on the uragan 2 sits in a slight groove on the block,
and it just kind of falls free (and can be lost)
when you take the bottle off,
as its bigger around than the tank threads.

make sure your oring is sitting in the groove.

myself i point the gun at the ceiling,
put some divers grease on the oring,
stick it to the groove on the block,
and carefully screw the bottle on while making sure the oring seats properly.

Have had the same issue with mine (same gun) twice now, Charlie126. The second time there wasn’t even air leaking, it just wouldn’t fill. Same solution worked both times. Have your air source (tank or compressor) actively running. At the same time keep dry firing while bumping the butt pad on a your bench. Don’t slam it down or anything, but give it a decent jolt. It’s not an elegant solution, but it’s worked for me both times.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Have had the same issue with mine (same gun) twice now, Charlie126. The second time there wasn’t even air leaking, it just wouldn’t fill. Same solution worked both times. Have your air source (tank or compressor) actively running. At the same time keep dry firing while bumping the butt pad on a your bench. Don’t slam it down or anything, but give it a decent jolt. It’s not an elegant solution, but it’s worked for me both times.

did you have the red cap on the barrel?

The what now?

the uragan 2 comes with an anodized red aluminum cap in the accessories box.

you unscrew the shroud,
and screw it onto the barrel,
it helps the valve to seal when filling from empty.

20231113_125111.jpg
20231113_133013.jpg

Last edited:
Update on my 25 caliber Uragan2 Hello everyone I want to thank you all for the good advice yes i made sure the oring was not damaged but i did notice
that there was air coming out of the barrel I did remove the shroud and what I did was I hooked up my compressor I dry fired it several times and then
I did do the bump thing I also blocked off the end of the barrel with a piece of rubber I had and to my great excitement it did start to fill the tank with my small compressor it did take quite a while but i did finally get it up to 300 bar I am now letting it sit to see if it will hold the pressure but for now things are looking up so Thank you very much for helping me out i really do appreciate it

Reactions: darylm
Update on my 25 caliber Uragan2 Hello everyone I want to thank you all for the good advice yes i made sure the oring was not damaged but i did notice
that there was air coming out of the barrel I did remove the shroud and what I did was I hooked up my compressor I dry fired it several times and then
I did do the bump thing I also blocked off the end of the barrel with a piece of rubber I had and to my great excitement it did start to fill the tank with my small compressor it did take quite a while but i did finally get it up to 300 bar I am now letting it sit to see if it will hold the pressure but for now things are looking up so Thank you very much for helping me out i really do appreciate it

the included red cap works better than a piece of rubber lol

hmmmmm,where did you get it?
Krale, they gave $100 credit towards purchase of Vulcan 3, after I reported missing mat. No complaints since Talon Tunes is selling mat for $30 something, if I decided to get one. Can't even be sure Krale is responsible, AGT might have failed to include. For some reason import duty of $66 was not charged for Vulcan 3, as well, think Krale did me another favor. Really like those guys. WM

Ive had to block the barrel end many times to get it to accept air on Uragan 1 after a full dump. I used one of the jar lid rubber things for removing stuck jar lids. Has worked everytime. I fill from a red GX something..can't remeber model. It only took just short amount of time of barrel restriction then it would fill on its own
Joe

Krale, they gave $100 credit towards purchase of Vulcan 3, after I reported missing mat. No complaints since Talon Tunes is selling mat for $30 something, if I decided to get one. Can't even be sure Krale is responsible, AGT might have failed to include. For some reason import duty of $66 was not charged for Vulcan 3, as well, think Krale did me another favor. Really like those guys. WM

oh ok,i got mine from tony.

the mats are really nice heavy rubber backed neoprene