• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25 Caliber JSB Redesigned ?

@SMH77, Sean, why would you like to see a redesign in the .30 heavies? My old FX Bobcat Mk2 shoots the 44.75 Exact and the 50.1 grain Heavy about the same as far as accuracy, and that's with the "old" FX ST barrel. Is it that you feel the BC would be better than the current .05x that the Heavy currently shoots to in the ST barrel? Your insight is appreciated.

Mike

Mike,

Two reasons: one is that there isn’t much of a mass difference between the 44.75 and the 50.15 grain pellets (compared to the other calibers, like 25.4 vs 33.95 grain). Second, the shape of the current .30 cal heavy could be improved and ‘likely’ give better accuracy results at longer ranges if shaped like the .25 cal Mk I or Mk II pellets. I ‘suspect’ that some accuracy potential is being left on the table for the larger .30 cal pellet compared to what ‘could be’-if that makes sense?

So what i would like to see is a 59.8 grain heavy pellet shaped like the .25 cal heavies.

Sean

Sean, makes sense, and would require a tune for those much heavier pellets. My Bobcat shoots the 44.75s at 885 FPS, and the 50.1s at 850 to 855 FPS. Looks like without adjusting the gun, the 60 grain .30 cal. pellets would shoot well under 800 FPS, probably around 765? Not a bad thing, but takes away the option of just loading different pellets and shooting without deliberate action on the gun. Also, shooting those 60 grain pellets, if possible to at least 875 FPS would lower shot count dramatically. Not a big deal going from 45 to 60 FPE on a .25 cal., but going from 78 to 100 FPE on a gun that currently only gets 40 shots on reg. per fill lowering to 25 shots or so could be a deal breaker... Also, not sure if most .30 cal. guns can develop 100 FPE without major increases in port size, plenum size, and reg. pressure.