• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.22 Vulcan with a Smooth twist barrel 2" longer shot count string 3 photos

Not going to tell you his name----but he use a metal rod to clean the barrel with shroud in place so he damage about 1" of the choke. so I have no why of saving the barrel..

the speed of this OEM barrel was set at 890fps with 18g---> now I just remove the oem barrel and installed the smooth twist barrel that is 2" longer without adjusting anything now his shooting in the 925fps with 18g, now I lowered the speed to 890 fps and filled to 250b and shot it down to 109b this what I got:

79 shots
high 896
low 887
ES 9fps

so an average of 17.5fps gain per 1" added to length of barrel.

the oem and the polish smooth twist barrel side by side

LOGUN LDC for testing:

found this donny shroud/LDC laying around by accident--forgot I had one made for the 14mm 

man this setup is vary quite, the quietest Vulcan yet, some how the ping/spring noise is gone. now its pleasing to shoot.

"fe7565"
"bobby"How is the accuracy compared to the oem barrel ?
Same question. And also, what made you replace it with a ST barrel vs grooved LW or Czech?
I prefer the smooth twist, I can put a high mirror polish on the smooth bore and twist------>I mean all the surface, not standard rifling that has corner of the lands and grooves that is impossible to polish and that's where all the lead accumulate.

on the breech end of the ST barrel I cone taper the smooth bore just pass the transfer port---so the pellet has a smooth travel from rear to front, no like the other barrel that has a smooth bore then the sharp lip of the lands and groove and most don't even chamber them.

I know others will disagree and late the ST, for me I love them

We might be missing a good lesson here- cleaning with a metal rod ruined the barrel choke.
I sometimes use a .177 metal rod and jag, push cleaning patches slowly down the muzzle to the breach on a .22 vulcan.it still shoots well. 
I think I'm reading: no more, senor?
Pull string with patch attached, from breech to muzzle, preferred?

"0akhonor"We might be missing a good lesson here- cleaning with a metal rod ruined the barrel choke.
I sometimes use a .177 metal rod and jag, push cleaning patches slowly down the muzzle to the breach on a .22 vulcan.it still shoots well. 
I think I'm reading: no more, senor?
Pull string with patch attached, from breech to muzzle, preferred?

I've cleaned with a brass rod before without damaging the barrel. However, I'm always very careful and I remove shroud or moderator before hand. I use this method only when aggressive cleaning and or polishing is needed. For just maintenance cleaning, I use a heavy string with eyelets tied in to hold patches. I tie a knot in the end and use a vacuum to suck the knot from breech to out of muzzle. Just "seal" vacuum hose and muzzle with hand. Then pull it through with patches and cleaning agent.