• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.20 Slugs are here!

These just arrived yesterday from the UK. Made by Precision Ballistics, the Hollow Point Zambezi come in at 14.2gr. In my brief testing, they are the real deal! Five at around 30 yards out of the 24fpe Regal.
BD81D3EE-89A5-434A-B087-88BAD7DC1389.jpeg

Same. My favorite PCP is a .20. That sweet ride will go up to just under 35fpe, which sounds like MORE than plenty for a 14.2grain slug. I'm super stoked to see how these do out to 100ish yards.
Shoot them at the next XFT match March 25th! Come on over to the dark (slug) side of the Force... o_O

NSA had some of these in the works before the scamdemic hit! Wonder if this will spark there interest in bringing them to the table again? Might order some to try but not in a hurry! Interested to see what they do on a tree rat out of your Regal. I have one too!
Well, I have it on good authority that there’s another player on the .20 field, hope to get my grubby hands on some of those slugs soon enough.

Been on the lookout for a .20 Slug customer, but it hasn’t panned out yet. Hopefully soon.

Yea ... as one of the Beta testers for NSA .20's, don't know the 'Why For' ... but of the 3 weights provided none really worked well enough to be an AhHa moment personally.
Nick had said a few testers thought they did well, but we're left to assume more thought they Did Not :cautious: .. being the project of .20 slugs got shelved.

Now for myself ... paying 20 to $30 for 100 "Air Gun Spec" slugs is ridiculously too expensive no matter how well they 'may' shoot.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Well, I have it on good authority that there’s another player on the .20 field, hope to get my grubby hands on some of those slugs soon enough.

Been on the lookout for a .20 Slug customer, but it hasn’t panned out yet. Hopefully soon.
I have 3 different PCPs in .20 cal.
15, 23, and 27fpe!
I'm not a YouTube poster but would probably be interested to see how they do in my rifles!
Finding the right length and weight to stabilize in the 1:17.7 twist that I believe most .20 barrels are is the key! And of course a right fit to the bore. What is the diameter of those slugs you already have? I'm guessing 5.05 to 5.1mm would be the ticket.

@Motorhead I do agree with you 100%, cost etc. But the why, for me, is Why Not? and because I can. Just to know. Turns out they shoot well enough to justify the cost for me as long as I only use them only for hunting IF the terminal performance is advantageous to using pellets in this gun. The 16gr JSBs are a single hole at 35 yards, so unlikely, but will see.

To be clear, I am not Beta testing any ammo, & I am not referring to NSA.

@ChuckHunter I believe I measured them before & got just at 5.0 pretty consistent. Maybe 5.01, will measure again when able.
These are targeted for the UK market, and as such are made lighter than what other makers might produce, I presume. Perhaps @Motorhead can share the weights you tested?

Either way, these are giving me good results so far. Literally sitting here waiting for a squirrel to swing by and Beta test them.

Just wondering how them slugs are working out.
Check out my last 2 vids on YouTube. Also some pesting posts on the hunting section. They are very accurate, unfortunately I don’t have a lot of range. Not gonna use in the yard anymore because at 24fpe ish, they are carry way too much energy & can be potentially dangerous.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon