• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.20 cal slugs at NSA!

Bought 1 box each of 14g & 18g NSA's.
So far after minimal testing in my .20 cal RAW HM1000 - not so good. The 14g can shoot well, but too many crazy flyers. The 18g were just terrible?
Figured after the Beta testing a few years ago and having NSA .20 slug project shelved due to sub acceptable accuracy these just released .20 slugs might be something designed a bit different ?

Will keep watching to see what others start reporting :cautious:

Bought 1 box each of 14g & 18g NSA's.
So far after minimal testing in my .20 cal RAW HM1000 - not so good. The 14g can shoot well, but too many crazy flyers. The 18g were just terrible?
What speeds were you shooting? Kinda hoping they were gonna do well. Do you think they might benefit from going faster or slower?

I do appreciate NSAs attempt at the .20. IMO, the .20 has limited potential - especially in the PCP world. Unless I want to shoot 15 a year old Daystate Huntsman or .20 Career, a lot of .20 guns are either spring piston or gas ram. That means you are shooting a .20 slug under 20FPE.
The weights offered are too heavy for springers. They'd have to be in the 11gr - 13gr range to complete with a Kodiak/FTT/Exact. The Beeman R-1 would be the most likely candidate for a lot of sales in this caliber.

I do appreciate NSAs attempt at the .20. IMO, the .20 has limited potential - especially in the PCP world. Unless I want to shoot 15 a year old Daystate Huntsman or .20 Career, a lot of .20 guns are either spring piston or gas ram. That means you are shooting a .20 slug under 20FPE.
The weights offered are too heavy for springers. They'd have to be in the 11gr - 13gr range to complete with a Kodiak/FTT/Exact. The Beeman R-1 would be the most likely candidate for a lot of sales in this caliber.
Yes sonnysan,
Knowing the JSB 13.73 pellet was very accurate in my HW80/R9 - led me to buy a LW barrel blank for $180 and machine it to fit my RAW HM1000x,
Not a very hard process actually ... the pellets easily group at 1 MOA at 50 yards, so I thought I'd try slugs even though my barrel is choked.
I wish LW made a unchoked poly barrel in .20 or in the future I may try an unchoked barrel in .20 if more slug choices are offered.

I'm sure I can get 40 fpe out of the 18's if desired.