• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1st time seeing the male and female together, Grey Foxes in MA

Very cool! Just curious on how do you tell which one is male vs female? 

I happen to see a pair of grey fox together like that once but haven’t seen them both together again.

TBH I can't tell, especially from a night IR video.

All I know is their habits, and all the evidence points me to a paired couple.

Grey Foxes, unlike Reds, mate for life and the males teach their kits how to hunt. If the second one was a Kit, is was awfully big!!

Will

thats good to see,,im also in MA 10 MILES north of BOSTON and last month for the first time i seen bald eagles and there chick hi atop a giant pine tree overlooking a ball field perfect for them the SAUGUS river runs right by them and there a quarter mile from the mouth of the ATLANTIC OCEAN cant tell if its the male or not ,seeing him cruise over the river and pluck strippers out is a thing of beauty ,,glad there coming back D T Wiped them out in the seventies HYNZIE

thats good to see,,im also in MA 10 MILES north of BOSTON and last month for the first time i seen bald eagles and there chick hi atop a giant pine tree overlooking a ball field perfect for them the SAUGUS river runs right by them and there a quarter mile from the mouth of the ATLANTIC OCEAN cant tell if its the male or not ,seeing him cruise over the river and pluck strippers out is a thing of beauty ,,glad there coming back D T Wiped them out in the seventies HYNZIE

DDT almost wiped them out in the 50's. It was outlawed by the 70's. It got a lot of birds but hit apex predators first because it had a long half life and would run off the fields into the watershed where the fish would concentrate it. That resulted in a weakening of the egg shells. Lots of eagles and ospreys then failed to reproduce. Almost ended them in only a few years.

Sorry. Did not think before I posted ... No intent to hijack the thread.

Love those Grays. Haven't seen one in thirty years ... Moved back east.