• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.177 Marauder leak

My .177 MRod is leaking so I replaced the O rings but it is still leaking.
When I took it apart it had tons of silicone grease in the tube so I 
cleaned that out (mistake?) put new grease on new O rings and put
it back together. I did use the tool that fits in the gage hole to prevent
cutting the O ring. I hope it's not a valve or something but it could be.
Any help would be appreciated.

i suppose I need to take it back apart and see if I have bad O ring.

Mark

I finally got around to working on th.177 after 4 attempts and a trip to the hardware store 

to get more O rings I think I got it. It was leaking by the gage. I tried finger tight, slightly more than

finger tight but it just would not hold. I noticed the sealing serfaces did not look smooth so I 

shined them up with scotch bright and got it as smooth as I could make them. We will see if

it holds over night. While I had it apart I put in an HDD but that's a hole not her story.

Mark

Westwind, 

Another easy way to discover where it is leaking, put a balloon over the foster fitting end, and put another one on the barrel. If it leaks through either, the balloon will stand proud. If it leaks through the barrel, it could be a valve, OR you have the hammer adjustment all the way out, and hammer spring tension high, that could hold the valve open slightly as well. If the Foster fitting leaks, it needs a new o ring or replacement.

Tom Holland